GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tips for Job Interview?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/07/03 at 12:09
Regular
Well as my other job as classroom assistant has come to a close i've decided to apply for a sales and marketing job (the PR stuff you see at big conventions with all the different stands and stuff, not the annoying telesales people before you start throwing stuff at me :D) and i've been called back for an interview tomorrow for the day where i'll be put to the test to see how i do.
Now as i haven't actually had experience of this type of thing before (i got my other job thanks to knowing some people higher up) i was wondering are there any things i should/shouldn't do tomorrow? And not too obvious please some serious advice would be very much appreciated.

Now i just got to search around and find my suit, which i hope still fits me.
Thu 24/07/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Wear a mini-skirt and a skimpy tight top.

What?!?

It worked for me...
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:59
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:

> Be honest - if you having had sale experience before, don't try and
> blag it in case they put you on the spot.
>

> Look directly into his/her eyes when answering questions.

That would be a sign you were lying.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
> Unbeliever wrote:
>
> If they ask if you want to ask them any questions, don't ask about
> money

i see one problem. the company could have anticipated this and created a contract for 1p an hour. if you dont ask how do you know what youre getting.

great list of advice to all though. do you interview people per chance?
Thu 24/07/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Good luck to you as well DebUK but if you're going for the same job i am then *wishes bad thoughts* it's mine, hands off :D
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I have an interview for a job in sales/marketing tommorrow too! It is PR for a company where you travel around promoting stuff (£60-100 a day apparantly!)

Good luck

(Now please wish me good luck too. Thankyou please.)
Thu 24/07/03 at 15:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Make sure you don't swat at invisible flies, or hum tunes to yourself as they ask you questions before replying with "oh yes I 've done that. Can I ask, how long have you been a transexual?"
And don't throw up on your new employers.
Thu 24/07/03 at 14:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dont sound nervous. If you start getting a jittery voice clear your throat and harden your resolve.
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Keep your replies focused on serving the cutomer and customer service, worked for me in the two part time ones I've had.
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Unbeliever wrote:

> If they ask if you want to ask them any questions, don't ask about
> money - it'll say you're more interested in it than the job. Instead
> ask about the company and what the company's ambitions are.

Oooh good job you told me about that because i was going to ask about money. Well better scratch that question off the list.
Thu 24/07/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Don't accept tea/coffe - they might see it shaking.

I meant they might see your hands shaking because of nerves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.