GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tips for Job Interview?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/07/03 at 12:09
Regular
Well as my other job as classroom assistant has come to a close i've decided to apply for a sales and marketing job (the PR stuff you see at big conventions with all the different stands and stuff, not the annoying telesales people before you start throwing stuff at me :D) and i've been called back for an interview tomorrow for the day where i'll be put to the test to see how i do.
Now as i haven't actually had experience of this type of thing before (i got my other job thanks to knowing some people higher up) i was wondering are there any things i should/shouldn't do tomorrow? And not too obvious please some serious advice would be very much appreciated.

Now i just got to search around and find my suit, which i hope still fits me.
Sun 03/08/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Well, apparently a good firm handshake is important.

Good luck!!!
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:48
Regular
"cachoo"
Hehe, you're good. Now I gotta go figure out what I'm gonna wear for the next few hours..!
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Don't look at the floor and mumble your answers, for God's sake!
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:43
Regular
"cachoo"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Look directly into his/her eyes when answering questions.

Good tip. Although I can't do that. It's too hard. You don't know which eye to look at!
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
DébUK wrote:

> I agree, the big bucks is tempting, the bloke I was 'shadowing' kept
> showing me the £550 check he earned from last week alone.
> However, the hours were 10.30am-8.30pm, 6 days a week.

Yea the one i was with was telling me how this week alone he'd earned around £500. The hours aren't as bad as yours though. I get to leave at 4.30 on saturdays

>
> I also didn't like the way one of the blokes talked an old woman (in
> her 90s I think) into signing up for Scottish Power when she didn't
> know what she was doing. I think she just wanted the company :-(

Yea we aren't allowed to sell to anyone over 65 so i was happy about that. Don't want to be swindling old ladies.

>
> Ultimately, I don't think I was the kind of person they were looking
> for. I am quite a shy person. I also didn't like the idea of being
> made to call at people's houses on my own (as woman it makeas it a lot
> riskier)

Yea i can understand that but luckily i'm a lanky 6'4 guy so i should be safe and i doubt they'll be sending me anywhere too dangerous anyway.

> Oh well, I may have an office temping job lined up for monday and
> tuesday.

Good luck with that, hope you get it
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
lalakersrule wrote:
I only need it to earn enough money to go to
> Canada and live there and well earning around £500 if i sell
> lots is too tempting to turn down.

I agree, the big bucks is tempting, the bloke I was 'shadowing' kept showing me the £550 check he earned from last week alone. However, the hours were 10.30am-8.30pm, 6 days a week.

I also didn't like the way one of the blokes talked an old woman (in her 90s I think) into signing up for Scottish Power when she didn't know what she was doing. I think she just wanted the company :-(

Ultimately, I don't think I was the kind of person they were looking for. I am quite a shy person. I also didn't like the idea of being made to call at people's houses on my own (as woman it makeas it a lot riskier)

Oh well, I may have an office temping job lined up for monday and tuesday.
Sat 26/07/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Unlucky DebUK. I'm doing the same thing and i was going to tell them at start i don't want to do that but after hearing about the opportunities available and seeing how easy the deal i'll be trying to flog is to sell, as long as people are prepared to actualy listen, i've decided to take it. I only need it to earn enough money to go to Canada and live there and well earning around £500 if i sell lots is too tempting to turn down.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well, it looks like I'm back to stage 1 with my job hunting. My 'job' was a pants 'door-to-door' sales-person job (which they didnt tell me until today.)

Therefore, the job was pants (and I didn't get it anyway- why am I so darn unemployable?)
Sat 26/07/03 at 01:33
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Nope.
>
> When you recall information your eyes look down or up. If you ask
> someone something about themselves and they look straight at you the
> whole time it means they are not recalling information, and
> therefore
> making it up as they go along.
>
> Thats rubbish, i look people in the eyes all the time.

IT depends what you were asked.

IF it's something common like your name or what you just did it wouldn't be hard. It if you're asked to remember something from a while ago, or specific details of an event.

And there's a crease in the forehead for lying too.
Fri 25/07/03 at 23:57
Regular
I thought it was your nose to watch anyway, something twitches, I'm sure. Can't remember now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.