GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best players of all time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 22:55
Regular
I'm just wandering who everyone's top 10 players of all time are. Mine have to be.

1) Maradona. (The rotten cheat may have scored the "hand of God", but he was simply the best.)
2) Pelé. Just look at his goalscoring record.
3) Cruyff. An amazing man, amazing skill, amazing technique, amazing player. 3 time European footballer of the year award.
4) Di Stefano. The amazing Argentine responsible for Real Madrid winning those five European cups in a row in the 50's.
5) Platini. The best French player ever. Only man to have ever won the European footballer of the year award three times in a row.
6) Puskas. The man responsible for the Hungarian dominance of the 1950's, he scored 83 goals in 84 games for his country. Amazing.
7) Beckenbauer. Yes, he may be German, but he is the man who practically invented the sweeper role and probably the best defender ever.
8) Dixie Dean. He may be an Evertonian, but his goalscoring record says enough. He holds the record for most goals in a season in England, 60, and he scored 18 times in 16 games for England.
9) Eusebio. The top scorer of the 1966 world cup, this man was amazing. Played for Portugal, even though he was from Mozambique.
10) Zico. Another amazing Brazilian. Amazing on the ball and a lethal shot.
Mon 21/07/03 at 22:55
Regular
I'm just wandering who everyone's top 10 players of all time are. Mine have to be.

1) Maradona. (The rotten cheat may have scored the "hand of God", but he was simply the best.)
2) Pelé. Just look at his goalscoring record.
3) Cruyff. An amazing man, amazing skill, amazing technique, amazing player. 3 time European footballer of the year award.
4) Di Stefano. The amazing Argentine responsible for Real Madrid winning those five European cups in a row in the 50's.
5) Platini. The best French player ever. Only man to have ever won the European footballer of the year award three times in a row.
6) Puskas. The man responsible for the Hungarian dominance of the 1950's, he scored 83 goals in 84 games for his country. Amazing.
7) Beckenbauer. Yes, he may be German, but he is the man who practically invented the sweeper role and probably the best defender ever.
8) Dixie Dean. He may be an Evertonian, but his goalscoring record says enough. He holds the record for most goals in a season in England, 60, and he scored 18 times in 16 games for England.
9) Eusebio. The top scorer of the 1966 world cup, this man was amazing. Played for Portugal, even though he was from Mozambique.
10) Zico. Another amazing Brazilian. Amazing on the ball and a lethal shot.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:45
Regular
I've also thought of my best team of all time.

Yashin

Maldini Beckenbauer Baresi

Cruyff Platini Zidane Best

Di Stefano Pele Maradona

I'm bored, if you can't tell.
Tue 22/07/03 at 01:41
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Best team of all time?

I think this one:

Seaman

G Neville Ferdinand Campbell Ashley Cole

Beckham Gerrard Scholes Barmby

Owen Heskey

They beat Germany 5-1 in Munich which was probably the greatest win in football history. Fantastic game, brilliant team....
Tue 22/07/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yashin

Maldini Moore Baresi

Beckenbauer
Matthews Platini Zidane Best

Pele Maradona

How about that?
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Great Scott's"
what happened to van basten?
Tue 22/07/03 at 23:30
Regular
"es argh"
Real Madrid
Wed 23/07/03 at 08:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_Monkhouse wrote:
> what happened to van basten?

I didn't include him because I had to choose both Moore and Beckenbauer, and had two forwards to accomodate the three defenders, and a DMC, because that's where old Franz played best.

And these players are all included at the peak of their careers, because I wouldn't have wanted the druggie, unfit Maradona of 1994-98 (When he retired several times but kept coming back). And of course, Pele is superior to Marko!
Wed 23/07/03 at 23:16
Regular
Maradona was without doubt the best player of all time, with Pelé a close second. Yes, Maradona might be a cheating druggy, but he was a footballing genius. Remember his other goal against England?
Thu 24/07/03 at 01:44
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Leicester City :)
Thu 24/07/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lugwig wrote:
> Maradona was without doubt the best player of all time, with
> Pelé a close second. Yes, Maradona might be a cheating druggy,
> but he was a footballing genius. Remember his other goal against
> England?

And remember that his career went fuzzy after 11 years, yet Pelé played well for 20?

Also, Pelé is the second-highest goalscorer ever. And he won 3 World Cups. Got his thousandth goal in his 967th game. These stats are mostly useless in comparrison seeing that Maradona was an attacking midfielder, but they demonstrate Pelé's immense skill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.