GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best players of all time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 22:55
Regular
I'm just wandering who everyone's top 10 players of all time are. Mine have to be.

1) Maradona. (The rotten cheat may have scored the "hand of God", but he was simply the best.)
2) Pelé. Just look at his goalscoring record.
3) Cruyff. An amazing man, amazing skill, amazing technique, amazing player. 3 time European footballer of the year award.
4) Di Stefano. The amazing Argentine responsible for Real Madrid winning those five European cups in a row in the 50's.
5) Platini. The best French player ever. Only man to have ever won the European footballer of the year award three times in a row.
6) Puskas. The man responsible for the Hungarian dominance of the 1950's, he scored 83 goals in 84 games for his country. Amazing.
7) Beckenbauer. Yes, he may be German, but he is the man who practically invented the sweeper role and probably the best defender ever.
8) Dixie Dean. He may be an Evertonian, but his goalscoring record says enough. He holds the record for most goals in a season in England, 60, and he scored 18 times in 16 games for England.
9) Eusebio. The top scorer of the 1966 world cup, this man was amazing. Played for Portugal, even though he was from Mozambique.
10) Zico. Another amazing Brazilian. Amazing on the ball and a lethal shot.
Sat 02/08/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Rooney Sucks Sw2atpuppi is tottaly right.Rooney can go play with himself for all I care.
Sat 02/08/03 at 18:33
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
Rooney where the hell do you come up with him against Pele,the king of brazilain football.Were as rooney just one lucky dude who still lives with his parents in some run down trash whole.

p.s: My granny is a better soccer player then rooney and shes dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 02/08/03 at 08:57
Regular
Come on, they've been comparing Rooney to Pelé for God's sake. We all know he's not going to live up to that.
Sat 02/08/03 at 00:26
Regular
P@st@ wrote:
> Its a learning process, and football will only get better as time goes
> on, players will become more technical and have learnt and improved on
> wht the old masters could do.

Yes, todays players are fitter but nothing can match "natural" skill. No matter how hard you train or special advanced techniques used. You cant just "breed" superstars.

Every few months a you here a story of how someone has signed the "new maradona" but they NEVER live up to the name.
Fri 01/08/03 at 20:40
Regular
If you did:

Buffon, Carlos, Nesta, Cannavaro, Thuram, Nedved, Zidane, Vieira, Figo, Van Nistelrooy, Henry

vs

Yashin, Beckenbauer, Maldini, Baresi, Platini, Cruyff, Best, Maradona, Pele, Di Stefano and Van Basten.

I think the oldies would win, even though Maldini, Maradona and Van Basten aren't really oldies.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I think if you played the old 'greats' against the best players of today, the current players would come up top.

Its a learning process, and football will only get better as time goes on, players will become more technical and have learnt and improved on wht the old masters could do.

There are very few players of old that could compete, if not stand out from todays crowd, pele and maradonna are two, but it would be hard for them.
Thu 31/07/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Zam wrote:
> Teddy Sheringham

Shearer is way better than Sherringham.
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:50
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Black Demon wrote:
>Still i say teddy sheringham

Afriad to say but HE SUCKS
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:55
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Still i say teddy sheringham
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:52
Dunno about best player of all time, as I haven't been around for many years, but of the footage I have seen, Jairzinho and Garrincha looked much better players than Pele.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.