GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
I don’t believe in hate. I have never hated anything. I’ve said I have, yeah, but I’ve never meant it. There is nothing that I hate. I don’t like war, or famine, or earthquakes, but I’ve never been near any of them. I have been taught that they are bad things so I think of them as bad things, but I don’t hate them. I can’t, they’ve never affected me. I’m not one of those people who can feel sad for people they’ve never met. For me, they’re just pictures on a TV screen. I can’t hate pictures.

I don’t hate anybody. There are people I dislike greatly, but I don’t hate them. Because I can understand what makes them how they are. Not at some great psychoanalytic level, but just a bit. No-body ever does things if they believe they are wrong. We’re all trying to get by and do what we feel is right, but everybody has different ideas of what is right so we end up colliding with each other, getting in the way.

I’m not even sure hate exists. I think it’s just a word people use for ‘very bad’. Perhaps once it had meaning. If it was used as infrequently as the ‘c word’ then it would have some effect. But it isn’t, so it doesn’t really have meaning. People are so polarized in their language. Television teaches us to be. It’s either love or hate, and nothing in between. That’s the opposite of me. I’m always in between.

I wander about in a daze most of the time. I feel like I’m missing out on something. While everybody around me and everyone on TV is feeling everything, having these massive dramatic feelings which they can easily articulate as ‘love’ or ‘hate’ or ‘happy’ or ‘angry’, I can’t define what I feel. I just do. I don’t think that you ever get one pure emotion like that. But on TV it has to be, because the characters only get a few minutes screen time. And I was raised on TV.

Love. I don’t think love exists either. Or, rather, I think the word is used to cover a broad range of emotions. I think there’s about a million emotions that are covered by the one word of ‘love’. There are different types of love, I think. Our language can’t cover it all, and I think this is a bad thing for a lot of people, when they think they should be like TV says.
Tue 22/07/03 at 03:07
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Man believe it hate exists, unless u've led a positively hermit like life where you've had a shield around you preventing contact with people intent on putting you down in public to mask their own insecurities.

I cant generally sustain that feeling of hate for more than a day or two, coz I think sod it life goes on... no point lingering in the past.

More recently though i know that i hate one man that ill never meet again ever probably i dont hate him as much now, in fact i think i dont really hate him anymore i just feel sorry for him.

I feel sorry for him because hes probably never left this city, dropped out of school, is a regular with the local police, has neighbours who shout all night when it suits them, has regular fights with his girlfriend, cries in self pity when hes alone and drunk, drinks most days, has a mind narrower than an ants anus, has been beaten up at least once for looking at someone then smiling, tried to the same to me to justify his getting beaten up.

Who thinks hate doesnt exist?
Tue 22/07/03 at 02:38
Protoss wrote:
> DébUK wrote:
> Hatred is pointless, it does more damage to the hater than the
> hated.
>
> Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your
> destiny.
> - Yoda; 230 B.C.

Yoda was born BEFORE Christ?

Anyway, hate is just another word for a strong dislike. Just more efficient and slightly more formal.
Tue 22/07/03 at 01:18
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Love. I don’t think love exists either.

Love definately exists. Hate does too. You'll hate anyone who hurts someone who you love......
Mon 21/07/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
DébUK wrote:
> Actually- I lie. I do hate cruelty to animals.

Yeah, I had to a report on vivi-section once, as I looked in more detail at the subject, it made me quite sad. By the time I had finished, I wanted to go and kill all the scientists who did it, and were responsible. Once in school, I punched someone for laughing about fox's and fox hunting, he said it was 'just a game' and that it was fun to play, he laughed when a friend said it was cruel, and he completely dismissed the fact that the fox wouldn't see it as a game. He deserved it. Smug tw@t.
Mon 21/07/03 at 19:19
"Mimmargh!"
DébUK wrote:
> Hatred is pointless, it does more damage to the hater than the
> hated.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
- Yoda; 230 B.C.
Mon 21/07/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hatred is pointless, it does more damage to the hater than the hated.

I prefer the term 'dislike.' There are many things and a few people that I dislike.

I dislike a few people from the college I have just left.
I dislike the sound of Davina Mcall shouting.
I dislike dance/trance music.

Actually- I lie. I do hate cruelty to animals.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, it's the same one I posted on here a while back. Someone called lndz I think.

I can bring it back up if you like, I still find it quite amusing.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Except in Dale Winton's case - I hate him.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I find hate a very, very strong word. Of course I use it in everyday conversations to describe things, but I never mean it. Pure hate only leads to clouding your judgements.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Some days I feel like I'm powered by pure hate alone...

Not entirely true actually; I can only think of one person whom I truly hate (in the "I would gladly abandon my liberal principles and torture you slowly to death over a period of months" sense; and no, it isn't Belldandy), but then hate isn't limited to people.

For example, personally I hate cowardice. I also hate people who think that they are cleverer than they are. And I especially cannot stand people who think they are cleverer than they are and insist on telling everyone about their self perceived brilliance at every opportunity.
None of these lead me to hate a person, but they do lead me to hate those aspects of a person's personality. Love the sinner, hate the sin I suppose.

As a matter of interest Mouldy, how old are you? I ask because I've found that the younger one is, the less likely one is to truly hate someone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.