GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
I don’t believe in hate. I have never hated anything. I’ve said I have, yeah, but I’ve never meant it. There is nothing that I hate. I don’t like war, or famine, or earthquakes, but I’ve never been near any of them. I have been taught that they are bad things so I think of them as bad things, but I don’t hate them. I can’t, they’ve never affected me. I’m not one of those people who can feel sad for people they’ve never met. For me, they’re just pictures on a TV screen. I can’t hate pictures.

I don’t hate anybody. There are people I dislike greatly, but I don’t hate them. Because I can understand what makes them how they are. Not at some great psychoanalytic level, but just a bit. No-body ever does things if they believe they are wrong. We’re all trying to get by and do what we feel is right, but everybody has different ideas of what is right so we end up colliding with each other, getting in the way.

I’m not even sure hate exists. I think it’s just a word people use for ‘very bad’. Perhaps once it had meaning. If it was used as infrequently as the ‘c word’ then it would have some effect. But it isn’t, so it doesn’t really have meaning. People are so polarized in their language. Television teaches us to be. It’s either love or hate, and nothing in between. That’s the opposite of me. I’m always in between.

I wander about in a daze most of the time. I feel like I’m missing out on something. While everybody around me and everyone on TV is feeling everything, having these massive dramatic feelings which they can easily articulate as ‘love’ or ‘hate’ or ‘happy’ or ‘angry’, I can’t define what I feel. I just do. I don’t think that you ever get one pure emotion like that. But on TV it has to be, because the characters only get a few minutes screen time. And I was raised on TV.

Love. I don’t think love exists either. Or, rather, I think the word is used to cover a broad range of emotions. I think there’s about a million emotions that are covered by the one word of ‘love’. There are different types of love, I think. Our language can’t cover it all, and I think this is a bad thing for a lot of people, when they think they should be like TV says.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> All I'm saying is, if you want to feel hatred, then feel hatred. It
> doesn't mean you have to give in to it and start killing loads of sand
> people, but at least acknowledge that to feel hatred isn't bad. It's
> only your actions that you have to control, not your emotions.

Wise in the ways of the force, master Adoy is. To him you listen, insane he talks!

:-)
Wed 23/07/03 at 08:48
Regular
Hate. Big word.

Unless someone has done something particularily nasty to you or those close to you, then hate is just demonization.

From where I stand, I find that most people enjoy and indulge in demonizing people.
"That person unnerves me (because I don't understand or I lack compassion), so I'll project onto him attributes which he doesn't have so I can put him in a neat box and hate him."
Tue 22/07/03 at 23:33
Regular
*thinks*

Let me put this a little straighter.

Let's assume that to know that you can feel hatred, then at one point you may have felt hatred. With me so far?

Ok. So to say that you cannot hate people, is in turn saying that you believe that there is an emotion deeper than what you feel about people. And I think, that to believe that there is an emotion deeper than what you feel, means that you are doing one of perhaps two things:

1) Holding back your emotions on purpose.

2) Have difficulty in expressing your emotions.

Because if you felt deeper emotion at one point than you do now, then surely that's a bad thing? I'm sure I'm not as insane as I must appear.

All I'm saying is, if you want to feel hatred, then feel hatred. It doesn't mean you have to give in to it and start killing loads of sand people, but at least acknowledge that to feel hatred isn't bad. It's only your actions that you have to control, not your emotions.
Tue 22/07/03 at 23:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There are people that i hate.
Tue 22/07/03 at 23:04
Regular
I rule.
Tue 22/07/03 at 22:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Excerpt taken from "Girx's aphorisms and epigrams", copyright (C) Grix Thraves. First published 2001. Later removed from all bookstores in 2002 due to widespread increase in self-destructive behavior and varying levels of insanity in the populace.

No proven link was ever found, however.
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:47
Regular
You can only not believe in hate if you truly know it exists, and if you know it exists then you are quite capable of hatred.

Don't hold back emotions, it'll put you in a bad place.
Tue 22/07/03 at 19:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
I think hate exists but I can't say I actually hate any one thing. I loathe, depise and am sickened/dumbfounded/etc by a multitude of things but I don't hate them. I can only actually hate aspects of things, not the thing as a whole. I think, hate is the strongest form of negativity, but can only be perceived subjectively. It's like the colours, my hate may not be the same as yours, but there's a barrier of language, we can't articulate what we're feeling more explicitly, so we have to use a general, all encompassing term.
Tue 22/07/03 at 13:28
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I'm a little more chilled than the rest of you. Unless something is
> in my face every day, I generally don't bother with stuff/people that
> irritates me. However, I hate war, famine, disease and Dale Winton.

Dale Winton has a too much of a camp voice and wiggles his hips whenever he talks on the lottery.

*shudders*
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:56
"Mimmargh!"
Icarus wrote:
> Yoda was born BEFORE Christ?

No, B.C. stands for Before Crap.

The crap that was Star Wars Episode I and II.

And I don't think puppets are ever 'born'.
;')

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.