GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Bit Too Bl**dy Late...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1097520,00.html

BBC names the deceased Dr Kelly as it's source as named by Gilligan.

The onus is now on the BBC and Gilligan, already there are calls for resignations of the BBC chairman and for Gilligan to be dismissed. Dr Kelly testified that he was NOT the source before the FASC, hence it now seems likely that - as insisted by the government all along - Gilligan and members of the BBC twisted and distorted the truth for their own ends.

More to the point, it undermines the whole argument put forward by the BBC over claims of WMD exageration and report forgery. It is believed that, had the BBC done as requested and named their source before now, Kelly would be alive - he could also have refuted the claims if he had been alive but the BBC has chosen to only name him in death.

Certainly Gilligan is in deep trouble now, calling in to question every news related report and program he has been involved in, and the BBC is also not as relieved as the above links suggests as it shows poor controls and judgement on their behalf.

Noticeably, the BBC's own reporting of it http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3081027.stm is far less critical, barely mentioning the implications this has.

Ironically, the often criticised by some on here Fox News has the more fair reporting of it http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92417,00.html

Thoughts ?
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Blank wrote:
> And it doesn't mean that Gilligan falsified the information anyway.
> There's no reason to believe that Kelly was wholly innocent and
> Gilligan wholly guilty.

He testified to the FASC that he was not the source. Unless you care to call into question the information of a dead, long serving, respected expert then I'd shut up.

Gilligan wanted a story, he falsified it.

Still, not to worry, yet another enquiry is gearing up and if that concludes along the same lines then the BBC and Gilligan are in for a metaphorical kicking.
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But what evidence do you have to make you trust Kelly over Gilligan? It's just one's word over the other at the moment.

And the fact that Kelly killed himself soon after does seem to make his statements less believable. I'm not saying he definitely was the source, but you can't rule it out so arrogantly.
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
Yes I can. If he were to kill himself because he did tell Gilligan than information then it is most likely he would leave behind something to that effect, in a way that it would be exposed. No point killing yourself over something that isn't resolved.

More likely he was being used by Gilligan, realised this, and that suspicious ones like YOU would not believe him, so he killed himself, forcing this new enquiry which will uncover the truth. The BBC has essentially already started backing away from Gilligan with it's Sunday statement, and noticeably used the traditional low coverage day of Sunday to make the announcement...
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:20
Regular
And, actually, as you're calling into question the Dr Kelly, the onus is on you to provide evidence Blank, as in any case of defamation. You have to prove what you say. I say he told the truth, you don't , that's equivalent to defamation, hence the onus is on you to prove your words.

Oh dear, you can't.
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why bother leaving something behind to prove something when you'll be dead? Do you think dead people care about what happens afterwards? No, they can't, because they're dead.

And another thing - what COULD he have left behind?
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Who authorised the leaking of his name to the newspapers?
Tue 22/07/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Somebody has to authorise that? Is it not possible someone did it without the consent of their superiors?
Tue 22/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yes, but more likely it was deliberately "leaked" to the papers....
Tue 22/07/03 at 19:38
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Yes, but more likely it was deliberately "leaked" to the
> papers....

Who dutifully published it ? LOL ! Talk about hypocrisy....
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And if the papers print nothing, I'm sure people would flock from far away to buy a blank pad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.