GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You could have seen this coming a mile away..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 19:50
Regular
A while ago I read about a group of Iraqi asylum seekers who had attacked four royal marines whilst they were returning to their barracks.
One of the iraqis pulled out a knife and stabbed one of the marines, so the another marines obviously try to defend their mate who had just been stabbed.

The marines were holding a *kit sale* that day and this was to auction off for charity their dead mates stuff (he had died in a copter crash in Iraq).
Anyways one of the Asylum seekers has put in a complaint against a marine because the marine had assaulted him - even though he was part of the group that had ambushed the marines and he had been arrested two days before for carrying a knife.
What SHOULD happened is the Iraqis should be kicked out the country straight away and the complaint against the marine dropped. What WILL happen is the Iraqi will get a few grand for all the distress that has occured to him and the marine will proberbly be up for a court Martial.

We will have to wait and see what happens.
Mon 21/07/03 at 09:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You seem to think that you can say any old crap and if nobody can provide something better then yours must be brilliant.

All I'm saying is that you can't possibly make blanket statements about what the people what or care about in far away countries that you have never been to and are hardly an expert on. Neither can I.
Sun 20/07/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Blank wrote:
> The omniscient Belldandy hands out nuggets of knowledge on the wants
> of people in far away countries that he's never been to...

The moronic Blank hands out lumps of brown stuff once more...

So Blank, care to argue that civlians in the Balkans were happy to be killed by the score as the UN debated sanctions etc ? Or how about doing the same with Somali ? I'm sure they all cheerted for joy as the peacekeepers rolled out eh ? And I await your evidence that Iran and Israel do actually pay any notice to the UN...

Come on Blank, you criticise but add nothing, so come on, comment with some relevant facts for once.

*goes back to playing on PC*
Sat 19/07/03 at 13:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The omniscient Belldandy hands out nuggets of knowledge on the wants of people in far away countries that he's never been to...
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:14
"Mimmargh!"
Yes, well, such is the eternal plight of the U.N.
Fri 18/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
Sorry Protoss, I was being sarcastic, I do actually know in semi-detail the history of the UN's inaction but it'd bore everyone to death, it's enough to know that it is useless for exactly the reasons you say it is worthwhile - it's a talking shop.

Strangely civilians in the Balkans, on all sides, didn't really give a toss about diplomacy as their villages burned, men were executed, women raped and killed. In Somalia - abdandoned by the world and the UN - the ordinary people care little for the infighting but would quite like it if we could remove the warlords that have ruined the country. In Iran the leaders care little for it, Israel flouts every resolution made against it, Libya pays brief lip service when it suits it, Saddam knew it was useless, Russia and China still believe it's the 1980's, Korea in the 1950's was a UN orchestrated mess and remains so today - N.Korea knows it can all but nuke the south without fear, .....and on and on and on....
Fri 18/07/03 at 20:13
"Mimmargh!"
Practical Magic wrote:
> I rest my case.

You rest your case!? I'm not really part of the Light+Blanc+Goatboy 'Vs' Belldandy crowd but your case is pretty light considering you set out a fictional UN argument as your backing. Despite this the points raised have some standing; if anything the Iraq 'Crisis' has shown us how ineffectual and powerless the UN really is. I personally belive though that it is still useful in that it serves as a public forum for the worlds nations and opinions, and while it can't always take action it is a worthwhile institution if only as a world focus point.
Fri 18/07/03 at 19:55
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> 4.
> 4 that can be seen as good?
>
> *shrugs*
> It's a start. I'd like to see them at the Kyoto summit as a beginning
> to makes amends

Because it makes sense to sign up to something when others who are signed up are either buying/selling their allotted pollution levels, outright ignoring it, etc.

Maybe the US has a bad hisotry of UN vetoes because it's leaders know all along that it's an impotent faceless waste of space.

I mean, the UN was a brilliant idea wasn't it ?

"Lets keep the peace",
"But you haven't got any troops of your own?",
"People will give them to us.",
"But nations can veto resolutions and use the assembly and council as a political point scoring theater",
"Everyone votes though."
"But you haven't ever prevented a single war or atrocity before it begun, ever",
"......."
"You've got a vast and inefficient bureaucratic system"
"......"
"Your Secretary General is always someone with no real world view"
"......"

I rest my case.
Fri 18/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
KR wrote:
> I didn't think you could send messages etc if you were so far up in a
> plane?

A)It was flying very close to the ground - it had to be to hit the towers in the first place.
B) Does anyone really believe a £40 mobile phone can down an airliner ? Nope...but it does mean you have to use airphones....
Fri 18/07/03 at 18:31
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> They were Osama bin ladens men on the
> plane and we know that because frightened and afraid passengers where
> sending out messages from the plane on their mobiles when they knew
> they were going to die.

I didn't think you could send messages etc if you were so far up in a plane?
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:50
Regular
"relocated"
Goatboy wrote:
> 4.
> 4 that can be seen as good?
>
> *shrugs*
> It's a start. I'd like to see them at the Kyoto summit as a beginning
> to makes amends

If only. The US vetoed those WMD resolutions, along with about a dozen condemning apharteid etc etc etc.

But, still, those Frenchmen have got a bit of cheek, abusing their veto like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.