GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And so it will begin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 10:54
Regular
Before I go for lunch and check the papers, what're the odds on the papers churning out their "evils of the internet" stories that they dust off once every 4 months?

The Mail will have Lynda-Lee Potter hissing about the "dangers that lurk for your children", whilst somehow managing to discuss that nice Matthew Kelly (she should still be atoning for her sins on that one) and confirming to middle-class white suburbanites that peadophiles hide inside computers, ready to "pounce" should your child turn it on, and it's probably the fault of immigrant single lesbian mothers from Algiers.
The Sun will have a picture of a computer with "does THIS threaten your child?"
The Mirror will somehow blame The USA for it and work in the fact he was a Marine (Are ALL US Soldiers guilty of being evil???)
The Telegraph will have something about North Korea and South Korea shooting at each other.
The Granuid will have a pic of Blair with a hand-drawn Hitler moustache on it and "evil evil evil" in really small letters
The Times will have something about Gay Bishops, a mention of Blair's trip to the USA and highlight the Camp X-Ray detainees.

Sad thing is, although I'm being sarcastic - I'm probably not that far off.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Twiddly wrote:
> Considering that you seem to be "following the story" you
> don't really seem to know much about what has happened do you?
--

This is to....me?
If so, I'm more than aware of what has gone on.
I just don't care.
Why? She's dumb and I said the day the story broke, couldn't care less if she turned up in a bin in Holland.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought she sent him a fake picture of him and he thought she was 19
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:33
Considering that you seem to be "following the story" you don't really seem to know much about what has happened do you?

a) they met up in Manchester
b) they had had conversations via webcam and knew what the other looked like...
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well having a quick glimpse of the front pages today it seems the Sun has decided to go into Daily Mail mode,

*Free from the Beast*

For a second i thought they were talking about how the marine got away from that ug monster of a girl but it turned out to be the other way around. Sorry but my take on this story is they met in Paris, he saw she was 12 and ugly and so left her. Oh yea she sure was lucky to escape from him wasn't she?
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Twiddly wrote:
> Then why "check" them?
--

Because the original post wasn't entirely serious. This is something called "humour", and was designed to express a general unhappiness with the current climate of our media, without becoming involved in a rant.

And I "check" them because to not is ignorance. I dont buy and read them, just see what the front pages are to give myself an idea of the level of idiocy displayed.

But mostly it was written for fun.
Humour.....hmmmmm......
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Unfortunately a seven year old child somehow got on board the space craft...
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The Brass eye Paedo special was great: they had Phillipa Forrester, Linekar et al making a plea on a made up charity (not that they knew they were being set up) who wanted to warn everyone that; perverts on the net can make people's keyboards produce pheromone based smells that alow them to ensnare kids. Also these sickos can use special gloves to feel their vitims through their monitors and so on.

I mean wasn't Forrester presenting Tommorow's World? She fell for this!

Best of all was the "fact" that if you showed a paedo a photo of a young child, he'd attack the picture in an attempt get at the kid.

It is as they said Nonce sense...
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:00
Then why "check" them?
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I dont.
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:55
Then why read them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.