GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hiking / Camping"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/03 at 21:12
Regular
I'm interested in getting into this for the fitness aswell as just for the sheer hell of it. I've read up a hell of a lot on survival skills, and am not completely inexperienced (but most of my camping trips involve crates of beer and major hangovers).

Anyone done any and have any advice for a beginner?
Wed 16/07/03 at 14:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
DONT FORGET YOUR TENT LOL

Also, someone told me that if you sleep on a hill with your head downhill and your legs uphill you DIE
Wed 16/07/03 at 07:46
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
tigamilla wrote:
> Make sure theres a shower nearby or a stream you can hop into to
> freshen up, I will only go camping if I can be assured of the
> opportunity to freshen up at least once in 24 hours.
>
> but thats just squeaky clean me

Ceck.

Camping is boring as hell :|
Wed 16/07/03 at 03:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It would be awesome to go camping for a weekend.

Making stuff out of the local plantation.
Wed 16/07/03 at 01:15
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Yo,

Err, Borat, why haven't you mentioned this to me before?

I'd be well up for some hill-walking/stroke camping weekends. Beats the usual Hawkshead nastiness we usually do. Get back to me and stop ordering lethal weapons off eBay :P
Tue 15/07/03 at 22:20
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> www.SurvivalIQ.com

ah excellent.

I was going to go on a survival course.

there were 3 main ones to choose from :

raymears.com : too expensive and mostly booked, but you get to go out with ray mears and his colleagues - bound to be v.interesting

woodsmoke.uk.com : ray mears' best student takes you out this time, cheaper and more accessible, still mainly booked though

uksurvivalschool.co.uk : very good, wide range of expeditions (including to borneo), much cheaper. sadly, also nearly all booked. guess you have to plan these things in spring.

ho hum
Tue 15/07/03 at 22:13
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
RoJ wrote:
> www.SurvivalIQ.com
>
> A pretty good site, a bit "gung ho" considering its for the
> military forces, but its not too bad. Some of the stuff is
> interesting and useful.

does it mention onions?
Tue 15/07/03 at 22:11
Regular
"Not a Jew"
www.SurvivalIQ.com

A pretty good site, a bit "gung ho" considering its for the military forces, but its not too bad. Some of the stuff is interesting and useful.
Tue 15/07/03 at 22:05
Regular
Well, beach camping tomorrow -> more beer, less bear.

I'm always weary of beach camping. I'm glad the people I camp with are stable, otherwise they'd just drink, strip, and dance into the sea.

Hate the sand though.
Tue 15/07/03 at 21:36
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
oh and if you line the entrance of your tent with chopped onions, creepy crawlies keep away (honestly) <--trick learnt from camping in Africa the last thing you want sharing your sleeping bag with you is a legless mutha
Tue 15/07/03 at 21:33
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Make sure theres a shower nearby or a stream you can hop into to freshen up, I will only go camping if I can be assured of the opportunity to freshen up at least once in 24 hours.

but thats just squeaky clean me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.