GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jim Ross goes bang!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/03 at 16:23
Regular
Kane has gone crazy.SCCA will not go and hope Jim Ross is hurt. BADLY!
Disscus
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Good memories of ECW there *sniff*

come back ECW!! we wrestling fans need you to combat the crap Vince and HHH are putting out each week.
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Guess who..."
> I don't hate Jim Ross i'd just rather Joey Styles was there although
> the best case scenario would be to have Joey replace Michael Cole on
> Smackdown. Just that JR is very annoying at the moment, every RAW
> broadcast is like:
>
> JR - God damn how could he just do that!! *insert name of wrestler*
> has just committed a hellacious act. Damn him to hell!! Damn him
> straight to hell!!!! What do you have to say king?
>
> King - Puppies!!!!
>
> JR - Yes.......oh here comes *insert another name* damn him to hell
> after what he did last week.

That's exactly what makes him so great. His ability to sell a show by making a wrestler seem evil and sadistic. Nobody else can do it like him. The guy shouts like he means it, he really puts his heart and his soul into the job. He's a legend. I love to hear his voice.
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Indeed, Anton had two good moves in the entire match:

A nice, quick DDT,
That flying bulldog onto the guard rail.

Two good moves doth not a good wrestler make. Even that Sharpshooter on Alfonso looked poor. It does say a lot for RVD if he could indeed pull that guy through a '5-star' match
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:50
Regular
"..."
Even though Scotty Anton was awful, even more useless than A-Train...the fact RVD got a decent match out of him says something...
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:46
Regular
"bWo > You"
True story - that Scotty Anton - RVD match was great. I thought Nova and Chris Chetti were impressive in their match against the Baldies, too.

That reminds me - The Sinister Minister and Mikey Whipwreck should be brought in to work a program with Tajiri. Tajiri should also be referred to with his first name as well, in my opinion - 'Yoshihiro Tajiri' just seems to sound a lot better than plain old 'Tajiri'
Wed 23/07/03 at 15:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yes but it did have Scotty Anton Vs RVD, where RVD first performed his Van Terminator. And also it had a Four way dance with Tajiri Vs Little Guido Vs Psicosis (He should of stayed in ECW for longer) Vs Mikey Whipwreck.

Those were good matches.
Wed 23/07/03 at 15:31
Regular
"bWo > You"
Yeah, I remember that.

Killer match too, if I remember rightly, although the PPV as a whole wasn't the best.
Wed 23/07/03 at 15:17
Regular
"One More Chance"
LL Cool ver T.2d wrote:
> (By the way, I think it was Heatwave 2000 when Cyrus said that comment
> about Steve Corino, in a match against Jerry Lynn)

Yeah, he made a m#sturbating motion with Jerry Lynn's hand on his crotch too :)
Wed 23/07/03 at 15:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Agreed.

Joey Styles - best play-by-play in the business.

Cyrus - best heel colour commentator in the business.

Joel Gertner - best opener to a show in the business.

Hilariously, the WWE have none of them.

(By the way, I think it was Heatwave 2000 when Cyrus said that comment about Steve Corino, in a match against Jerry Lynn)

I'm in two minds about Joey Styles - on the one hand, I want him to join WWE so I can see him and hear his excellent match-calling. However, I also respect his decision not to work for the WWE, as they do have a lot going against them. I'd like to get hold of an MLW tape to see what it's like, and to see if Joey's made the right choice.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
He was so funny with Joey Styles. Always coming up with little quirks (Sp). Like once Steve Corino was in a match and started insulting a certain fan and you could hear them swearing at each other and Cyrus came out with "Steve is interacting with our charming fans at ringside here". And there are so many more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.