GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box v GameCube v PS2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 18:47
Regular
GameCube

+Nintendo games
+Excellent graphics
+Easy development
+Supposedly very cheap when it comes out
+choice between DVD/just games
+Nintendo finaly taking it seriously
+PS best games as well
-Could be overshadowed by the lesser PS2

PS2

+Good graphics
+PSX influence/backwards compatible
+DVD
-Hell to develop for
-slower than the rest
-endless sequels
-Very expensive

X-Box

+Excellent grpahics
+Supposedly Dreamcast games (Sega are making gams for GameCube as well! HA!)
+Microsofts money
-Long way off
-Slower than modern day PC's (So are the others, but this just plays the same games)
-No originality from Microsoft games (AOE3 etc)
?Microsoft have never made a console before?

I think GameCube is the best due to good graphics, fantastic games and a lot of Nintendo magic. PS2 lacks that touch that all Nintendo games have. X-Box. Just upgrade your PC.

Thu 19/04/01 at 15:54
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I think it will be close between X-BOX and the GAMECUBE but it might just come down to how expensive they are.
And like Kickasskelly said the prices are a quite a bit different.

BUt in my opinion Nintendo will come out on top!
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:24
PS2-Being an N64 fan I think the game cube will be the best. I have played the PS2 and found that the only differences to me are it's graphics and it's shape not very impressive!!!!!!
X-Box- I've never even heard of this till a couple of days ago maybe that proves how experienced that microsoft are in games consoles I mean come on who do you think is going to be better Nintendo a very experienced console who have learned from decades of games consoles nintendo, super nintendo, N64 not forgetting Game Boy,Pocket game boy,game boy colour and now game boy advance I think the Game Cube Influenced by their huge amount of experience will be the best. Nintendo I believe in you.
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:28
Zeldapro wrote:
> I think it will be close between X-BOX and the GAMECUBE but it might
> just come down to how expensive they are.
And like Kickasskelly
> said the prices are a quite a bit different.

BUt in my opinion
> Nintendo will come out on top!
Whey-Hey someone who who hasn't fallen for those PS2 Cronies BOOOOOO is what I have to say to PS2 and X-BOX
Wed 02/05/01 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If X-Box gets a lot of support, it will beat the Gamecube due to its superior power - But it has to beat the support of great developers to Nintendo like Rare (the hardest nut you could ever try to crack) Factor 5, Camelot, etc.
Wed 02/05/01 at 19:08
In what way is the X-Box superior?

On paper maybe, but Nintendo have been conservative with their estimates, Microsoft have not.

For one they say they have a 250MHz NVidia GPU, but the fact that it has to run 50 MHz slower as they overheat easily shows that the X-Box statistics should REALLy be taken with a pinch of salt.

In my mind, the GameCube will be the only REAL console on the market next year.

The fact that Microsoft have no trademark characters of there own (well neither do Sony) shows that Ninty will be the only ones worried about the gamers wants, not how to make a quick buck.
Thu 03/05/01 at 20:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I agree, but look at PS and N64 - Inferior console gained a lot of support for no real reason except-well I don't know - X-Box loses a lot of performance, while GC maximises it , so X-Box is inferior - Leading to another bunch of mindless fans, foran inferior console

I don't want this to happen.
Fri 04/05/01 at 01:40
Regular
only real reason why PSx done better than N64 was because sony had a huge headstart. People wernt prepared to wait for the 64 and so went out and bought a playstation.

It was a big step. A cd based console. People looked at it and thought wow! I dont think this will happen again though. People should have seen that the PSX is a load of **** . The GC should beat the x-box. Who da hell would pay £300+ for a console made by some fat cat amercian company hey?
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:55
I dont think the ps2 will be no longer considered a new console when the Gamecube + x-box are released so it will come down to Nintendo and Microsoft and I believe it will be Nintendo that win that battle on the quality of there games.

Alot of Nintendo fans will buy the Gamecube for sequel's of games like featuring Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong ect not to mention new games like the excellent looking Re Birth(hopefully there will be more of thet game at E3).
Tue 08/05/01 at 11:48
Regular
"DS..."
Nintendo are the best games company, and WILL kick fonys a** and WILL beat microsoft and WILL win the great console war!
SLIK &_&
[email protected]
Wed 09/05/01 at 01:01
Regular
"Back For Good"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.