GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box v GameCube v PS2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 18:47
Regular
GameCube

+Nintendo games
+Excellent graphics
+Easy development
+Supposedly very cheap when it comes out
+choice between DVD/just games
+Nintendo finaly taking it seriously
+PS best games as well
-Could be overshadowed by the lesser PS2

PS2

+Good graphics
+PSX influence/backwards compatible
+DVD
-Hell to develop for
-slower than the rest
-endless sequels
-Very expensive

X-Box

+Excellent grpahics
+Supposedly Dreamcast games (Sega are making gams for GameCube as well! HA!)
+Microsofts money
-Long way off
-Slower than modern day PC's (So are the others, but this just plays the same games)
-No originality from Microsoft games (AOE3 etc)
?Microsoft have never made a console before?

I think GameCube is the best due to good graphics, fantastic games and a lot of Nintendo magic. PS2 lacks that touch that all Nintendo games have. X-Box. Just upgrade your PC.

Wed 14/02/01 at 18:47
GameCube

+Nintendo games
+Excellent graphics
+Easy development
+Supposedly very cheap when it comes out
+choice between DVD/just games
+Nintendo finaly taking it seriously
+PS best games as well
-Could be overshadowed by the lesser PS2

PS2

+Good graphics
+PSX influence/backwards compatible
+DVD
-Hell to develop for
-slower than the rest
-endless sequels
-Very expensive

X-Box

+Excellent grpahics
+Supposedly Dreamcast games (Sega are making gams for GameCube as well! HA!)
+Microsofts money
-Long way off
-Slower than modern day PC's (So are the others, but this just plays the same games)
-No originality from Microsoft games (AOE3 etc)
?Microsoft have never made a console before?

I think GameCube is the best due to good graphics, fantastic games and a lot of Nintendo magic. PS2 lacks that touch that all Nintendo games have. X-Box. Just upgrade your PC.

Sun 18/02/01 at 15:10
I agree vulture the gamecube probably will come out on top. sure ps2 and the x-box are good but nintendo have always made the best!!!!!1
Thu 22/02/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Wow, Nintendo I would be inclined to agree with you and that I do but I don't think that it will be smooth sailing for Nintendo, we all know what they're like with release dates, and if their Future relies upon Rare then they need quite a bit of back up before they launch their new Gamecube console. But they sure look set to rock the gaming world. However I do think that Microsoft won't quit too early, I think they might just pack a few punches in the first round not enough to knock anyone out but certainly effect sales and what have you in a big way. To be perfectly honest, which I am, I can't see an X-Box sequel. I could see a Playstaion sequel either but hey who knows, I hope they do well, but if I told you the truth then I would have to say that I want Nintendo to prevail. I think Sony will do well, but this time around I don't think it will be games and only games that determine the success of the consoles!

Games as ever will be a big factor as they were in the days of the Playstation and Nintendo 64....NOW! But I am talking more about within the first year of release! I think that at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the U.S San Francisco event in May, quite a lot will be revealed about the future of all the companies and their consoles, hopefully we will see some of the arsenal from all sides of the globe which, in the words of J.R, will set the mood for quite a slobber-knocker.
Fri 23/02/01 at 16:20
Regular
Great round up Vulture. Nice to see some intelligent posts.

I think this battle, as in most cases, is going to be won with game support... and Sega has already pledged that it will support Nintendo a great deal more than the rest of them. And Nintendo already have their own line up, and some great third party/second party stuff coming too.
Fri 23/02/01 at 21:36
Regular
As long as Microsoft don't try to sell it for more than £250, I think that the Xbox will be the most sucessfull even though the Gamecube will be much, much better.

Why?

I suppose it's down to better marketing, better online facilities, DVD, more power, companies like Capcom, Sega and Konami will find it easy to make great games.

WE know that Nintendo make the best games and that the Gamecube will be the BEST console out there but the AVERAGE person won't know that and they'll go for the multimedia system.

Either way, the PS2 WILL fall flat on it's face.
Sat 24/02/01 at 00:35
Hey its good to see that Nintendo are getting some respect nowadays. I am sure they will succeed, and here is why: The DC has been released for a while now but due to lacking game support and living in the shadow of the ever closer PS2 it failed to get many buyers. Now the PS2 has not lived up to the hype that has killed the DC (by the way great last stand Sega) and has shot itself in the foot with all the DVD shinanigans and the release with too many games (I think Ridge Racer only sold about 600 copies across the UK in launch week). The market is now open for Nintendo who are aiming at the games market not the "lets get a cheap DVD player, oh look it also plays games" market. As for Microsoft, I thought they had researched the video games market? I mean if they did they would realise that the console that is released last generally does not win the console war, just look at the past two generations and namely Nintendos consoles. To be honest if you want to succeed financialy in this market you get out early and make sure people know your there, e.g- Sony (Nice try Sega, next time dont skimp on the advertising. Oh sorry I forgot, there isn't going to be a next time.)
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:30
Regular
"DS..."
Nintendo are the best, Playstation and x-box are crap.......
Nuff said!
Sat 07/04/01 at 10:32
how do u know if the xbox is crap?
Fri 13/04/01 at 20:04
Playstation and X box are the best,Nintendo are crap....
Nuff said!
Mon 16/04/01 at 13:33
any ideas about how much the game cube/x-box will sell 4?
i heard game cube £200
x-box £400 (dan_uk its definitely more than £250)
also would any1 like a secret of mana (SNES) sequel for the game cube i think it'd be cool

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.