GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile phones = Brain damage?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/07/03 at 22:21
Regular
Do mobile phones really emit enough radiation to harm you? I'm not really sure about it, but i'd like to find out. Any comments or facts?
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:00
They do cause damage if you use them for more then about 10 hours a day, every day...
Not many people use it that much, so i wouldnt be bothered about it...
Sun 13/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
i uze myne 4 aboot un our ant an arf a day. aint dun nuffin wrong 2 me!
Sun 13/07/03 at 15:06
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> The majority of people i see with mobile phones already look
> braindamaged - prancing about with phones in the middle of the street,
> and continuous obsession with texting, and then people moan when their
> phones are snatched...

And asking what they're having for tea tonight. Sheesh...
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:19
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'm not sure. There are an entire list of places you shouldn't keep one. That was why I said 'etc'.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think that's because the electrical signal would dirsupt your pace maker if you have one.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:11
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmm. Perhaps.
Doesn't explain why you're advised not to put phones in your chest pocket near your heart etc. There must be some other reason.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Exactly but it's not actually broadcasting one itself unless it is calling someone, sending a text message or on the web. When searching for a signal it's just giving power to the reciever. The transmitter isn't being used.
Sun 13/07/03 at 13:57
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It's always searching for incoming signals, and for stronger signals for better reception.
Sun 13/07/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
But unless it is sending out a signal it's not emitting radiation is it? When you turn it on it searches for a signal from O2, Virgin or whatever network you'r on but it isn't actually sending out a signal unless you go on the web, text or phone someone. I think...heh:D
Sun 13/07/03 at 13:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
If you're listening to the radio then it'll still be on, hence still emitting radiation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.