GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LiverKewell / Harry Anfield"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 13:48
Regular
That's the only reason he chose Liverpool. Better puns in the news.

Good choice for him?

I guess he's not going to have as much competition for his place in the team, and Liverpool need him more than Arsenal do.

But will Liverpool's style of play suite his game?

And is this finally the end for Heskey? Looks like it's the end for Smicer, anyway.
Thu 17/07/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I still think Berger didn't play enough.
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
lalakersrule wrote:
> He might actually add a bit of width to the team instead of them
> having to just HOOF!!! it up the pitch all the time.

You know, that's quite funny really.

The Arsenal fans decided to shout "HOOF!!!" everytime the Liverpool defence kicked the ball, and yet, did they beat us that year in the Premiership? Nope.

And it was Arsenal who were hoofing the ball when they realised their cocky tactics and smug git style of play had cost them the Premiership Title. :D

But yes, Kewell will make us a little more exciting. If you look at the midfield, and the attack to be honest too, it's not full of exciting stars. Hard workers like Hamann, Gerrard and Murphy - they don't constantly amaze us but they can come up with that moment of brilliance, especially in Gerrard's case.
Sat 12/07/03 at 13:54
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ant wrote:

I'm not so sure it's the end for Heskey though, methinks Kewell won't be playing up-front.
-----------------

I'm not too sure about that. Remember, towards the end of the season, he didn't play; and was used sparingly as a left winger. Now we have genuine cover for that position, AND an up-front position (if Houllier decides to play him there), then I can't see Heskey getting a look in, especially as Baros, Owen, and the 2 new French boys are there.
Fri 11/07/03 at 14:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He might actually add a bit of width to the team instead of them having to just HOOF!!! it up the pitch all the time.
Fri 11/07/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
So you admit Liverpool are boring to watch without Kewell in the team, yes? :)
Fri 11/07/03 at 12:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
Great signing. :D

He will suit our style of play because I think he will make us that little bit more exciting - that doesn't mean we still can't have a solid backline and players like Hamann protecting them too.

I'm not so sure it's the end for Heskey though, methinks Kewell won't be playing up-front.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can't really see how they lost so much money so quickly: I suppose the chaos after O' Leary left caused this, as did El Tel's bad form as manager.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh, and they'll probabaly end up blaming O'Leary for it (like every other financial mess they've had) ;)
Thu 10/07/03 at 15:57
Regular
Heh, another financial mess up by Leeds.

Should be used to them by now!
Thu 10/07/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yes..OK..

I mean Liverpool's their false promises every season and only winning the worthington cup in recent years have made me severly jealous of Liverpool....

Lets just hope Houllier manages to handle the pressure this year eh? :)

*Sits and eats grapes*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.