GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This should be interesting. Freeola admin should read it too!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/07/03 at 21:38
Regular
http://www.theregister.com/content/55/31552.html

This sounds quite interesting.

What you win, I don't know, but I can see a fair few of the crappy hosts going down, Freeola are pretty big so it will be interesting to see what happens...

And seeeing how Bargainhost got attacked a few months ago, I see them as potential target.

Now I'm not an expert on web security, but with 20,000 people trying, lets say 19,000 of them are little 11 year olds trying to 'hack' by entering random passwords, that leaves us with 1,000 people who know what they're doing...

It will be interesting.

And I want the people from Freeola to listen because I got loads of games and stuff up on my webspace and I don't want to have to upload them all again because:
a) It will take aaaaages
b) I haven't got them anymore!

*waits*
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:32
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Is that all?? Kinda of a crappy prize for causing such caios ... hardly seems worth it.

But these people could so easily be caught, if the Internet guys in Govournment could be bothred to chase them up.
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ahhh.

I know it's 9am until 3pm.

So there's still a chance something may happen.

And I was told that the prize was 500megs webspace and a domain name...

Just, who would own up to it to win? You'd get arrested!
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:24
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Not anything that I can see, which is a good sigh, but its like 9am over in the USA, so I doubt they've even started yet.
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
This hackathon doesn't see to have affected anything does it?
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:14
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Seems like a good little package, and fasthosts are a good company, so the hosting will most likely be one of the best available.
Sat 05/07/03 at 23:27
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
its £30 a year.

I dont plan on using php anyway so it not that big of a deal!

I emailed the owner anyway to ask sum questions and he informed me they were updating it to support php apparently.
Sat 05/07/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
latchford wrote:
> im going to a site called pixelism.co.uk

Hmmmmm.

You've gotta learn ASP now as they don't seem to support PHP.

How much are you paying for that?
Sat 05/07/03 at 11:18
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
im going to a site called pixelism.co.uk

if offers relatively the same as freeola but it has a set price and i can upload via my broadband connection :)
Sat 05/07/03 at 09:21
Regular
I wouldnt be so sure. At the mention of brazilians its reminded me about last sunday I believe, at least two sites that I know of were hacked by brazilians who left some anti war type message. Both clan sites for a game called Tactical Ops so its not like they just aim at relevant sites :\
Sat 05/07/03 at 02:14
"I love yo... lamp."
Its not really going to be that big a deal. Symantec don't even think its worth issuing a warning against. Besides most of them are Brazillian, so I imagine Brazillian sites would be first to get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.