GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colour coded batteries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 23:25
Regular
You may or may not be aware, but Duracell have colour coded their batteries, in order to eliminate confusion.

So next time that you need a battery, choose Duracell, because they're fully aware of just how stupid we all are, and are doing their best to eliminate our stupidity with this helpfull chart:

AA - yellow
AAA - green
C - red
D - purple
9V PP3 - blue

So next time you need to replace batteries, simply check what size you require against what you require batteries for. Chances are that they'll be AA type. Now cross reference the chart, then go seek yellow batteries.

Because that's easier than just looking for the pack that say "AA" on them. Or, LOOKING AT THE SIZE OF THE THINGS!

What I find most pathetic about this so called battery revolution, is that Duracell have decided to include their 9V battery in this, choosing a blue colour for it. But the thing is, the 9V battery is square. It's a completely different shape from all of the others, there is no possible confusion. Do people really go into stores and become confused? "Wow, all these crazy numbers, how can I be sure that the 9V square battery I require isn't really one of those round ones?"

Hell, even the typical round batteries differ significantly in size. It's not exactly millimetres we're talking, they practically double in width.

This whole thing came about because according to Duracell "around 1 in 5 of us go into a store and think about buying a battery but end up not making a purchase because we aren’t confident we know the correct size and type to buy."

This may well be the case when you haven't checked it out before hand. Perhaps you remember that your TV remote could do with some new batteries whilst at the supermarket. So you look at the selection of batteries, then decide not to buy because you can't remember whether they were AA or AAA batteries. (Or as they're commonyl known, the small ones, or the normal sized ones). So are Duracell trying to tell me that their special colour coding will help me to remember? How? How will that work? If you haven't looked at the batteries, then you're not going to remember what sodding colour they are, are you? Given that the memory stores pictures well, if indeed we had checked on the existing battery, we wouldn't need the colour code, because we'd buy by size.

This colour coding beefits nobody.

I don't get the point of it, but having sat in traffic by a billboard promoting them, I've built up all of these nasty feelings, that I just had to get off my mind.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
And not much use for the colour blind
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
It's for women, especially blondes.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You're wrong Meka. It eliminates ALL confusion. I often look at my battery and read "9v", when actually it says "AAA". Also I am size-blind, having only four thirds of one eye, so I cannot judge by that. And another reason the colour coding helps me is because I'm a complete spastic.
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
I thought this was a spoof till I saw the ads.
Thu 03/07/03 at 11:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Spontanious Vampire wrote:

> The sagacious one wrote:
Girls who are willing should wear Goblin-Green nail varnish....
>
> do you play warhammer, or do you just use that term naturally?

More a pun on gobbling...but I do know of the paint which thou doth refereth to.
Wed 02/07/03 at 20:08
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've heard that excuse before :)
Wed 02/07/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Spontanious Vampire wrote:
> Girls who are willing should wear Goblin-Green nail varnish....
>
> do you play warhammer, or do you just use that term naturally?

I know someone who used to paint the figures, so I've heard the phrase from him.
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Black Glove wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> So Colour coded batteries; and yet there is still no colour coded
> indication system to make it apparent if a girl gobbles on the first
> night.
>
> Girls who are willing should wear Goblin-Green nail varnish....

do you play warhammer, or do you just use that term naturally?
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:50
"I love yo... lamp."
Pfft. I was thinking that I could be confident in buying batteries again. I needed a purple one. So I go into the shop and because of the lighting the blue one looked purple. Damn thing wouldn't fit...
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:43
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Braile lips? But then that could lead to a catch 22 scenario...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.