GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Owen 30 Million Target..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 22:41
Regular
DAVID BECKHAM could be playing alongside Michael Owen in Spain next summer following Real Madrid's amazing bust-up with Raul.

Real president Florentino Perez has made Liverpool striker Owen a £30million target.

Raul is understood to have threatened to quit the club on Sunday night during the blazing row which cost coach Vicente Del Bosque and captain Fernando Hierro their jobs.

And Perez told the Spain hitman: "If you want to leave then you can go tomorrow if a club pays even half your get-out clause - and I'll just go and replace you with Michael Owen."

Owen, 23, featured on a shortlist drawn up by Perez before he opted to sign Beckham from Manchester United for £25m. Thierry Henry was also in the frame.

And Real made it clear during negotiations with the SFX agency which Becks and Owen share that they admire the Liverpool idol.

Perez believes Owen can be persuaded to move before the start of Euro 2004.

Raul was furious the Becks deal was announced in the lead-up to Real's final game, which they won to claim the Spanish title. Then there was a post-match flare-up with the club's sporting director Jorge Valdano, when Hierro was blamed for the players doing only one lap of honour.

Raul, who is close to Hierro, is also understood to have argued with Perez because he did not want to attend a civic reception the next day.

Perez justified his sackings by saying: "A new stage in our development has arrived and we need younger, fitter and more modern players and coaches here."

Raul, 26 today, has two years left on his contract.

Madrid's media yesterday reported Real had done a 'secret' deal to sell Raul to Manchester United and replace him with Ronaldinho.

But Raul's agent Gines Carvajal insisted: "Raul will see out his contract."

Beckham will fly out on Real Madrid's Far East tour on July 24 and make his debut against the Dragon Team in Beijing on August 2.

INFO from thesun.co.uk
Sun 29/06/03 at 15:39
Well, he is still living on his 98 goal against Argentina. His pace is by far his best asset, and recently he hasn't been performing as well as he used to.
Sun 29/06/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Owen has raw pace, and can score great goals, and is a real team player; It's just that when Liverpool had a bad spell, his form dipped.
Sun 29/06/03 at 22:40
Exactly, when they needed him to perform, he didn't.
Mon 30/06/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I meant that when other players underperformed, he suffered as well: If the midfield is dodgy, then the strikers can't be fed passes so they can score.
Mon 30/06/03 at 21:38
I suppose so. But he still can't compare to Raul.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't really believe any of this "Raul bust-up" rubbish, that seems to have started since David Beckham agreed he would sign on the dotted-line, come the 2nd of July...

All the media have done is put 2-and-2 together:

David Beckham agrees to join the Spanish Champions.
The No.7 shirt has been his for England and Man United, and he'll surely want that same number, again, at the Bernabeau.
But, Raul wears that shirt - it's also his trademark, and he ain't gonna give-it-up even after a fight!

Somebody's got to give-way....

*Ding-ding*
Top story: "RAUL'S GOING TO LEAVE, bla bla bla...!!!!!"

Rubbish! Absolute rubbish.

However, if he DOES get the chance to leave, I hope he gets the chance to sign for United... :D
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The tabloids are the scum of the earth- but they do have one redeeming feature (.)(.)
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:19
Regular
"It's been a while.."
what, a pair of eyes?.....
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Don't be stupid, think of the number 3... :^D
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:25
Regular
"It's been a while.."
wow, newspapers have three eyes?? news to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.