GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Owen 30 Million Target..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 22:41
Regular
DAVID BECKHAM could be playing alongside Michael Owen in Spain next summer following Real Madrid's amazing bust-up with Raul.

Real president Florentino Perez has made Liverpool striker Owen a £30million target.

Raul is understood to have threatened to quit the club on Sunday night during the blazing row which cost coach Vicente Del Bosque and captain Fernando Hierro their jobs.

And Perez told the Spain hitman: "If you want to leave then you can go tomorrow if a club pays even half your get-out clause - and I'll just go and replace you with Michael Owen."

Owen, 23, featured on a shortlist drawn up by Perez before he opted to sign Beckham from Manchester United for £25m. Thierry Henry was also in the frame.

And Real made it clear during negotiations with the SFX agency which Becks and Owen share that they admire the Liverpool idol.

Perez believes Owen can be persuaded to move before the start of Euro 2004.

Raul was furious the Becks deal was announced in the lead-up to Real's final game, which they won to claim the Spanish title. Then there was a post-match flare-up with the club's sporting director Jorge Valdano, when Hierro was blamed for the players doing only one lap of honour.

Raul, who is close to Hierro, is also understood to have argued with Perez because he did not want to attend a civic reception the next day.

Perez justified his sackings by saying: "A new stage in our development has arrived and we need younger, fitter and more modern players and coaches here."

Raul, 26 today, has two years left on his contract.

Madrid's media yesterday reported Real had done a 'secret' deal to sell Raul to Manchester United and replace him with Ronaldinho.

But Raul's agent Gines Carvajal insisted: "Raul will see out his contract."

Beckham will fly out on Real Madrid's Far East tour on July 24 and make his debut against the Dragon Team in Beijing on August 2.

INFO from thesun.co.uk
Wed 16/07/03 at 14:41
Regular
Damn stupid scouser logic :P :D
Wed 16/07/03 at 14:13
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Or†ega wrote:

And Real Sociedad pushing Madrid to the last day of the season shows how much more competitive thier league is. Especially when Sociedad finished 13th the season before.
--------------

Or, alternitavely, it shows how much easier it is in that league to climb up the table.

=D
Tue 15/07/03 at 20:45
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> The power balance is greater in Spain: The teams at the bottom really
> get whipped by top ones more often than in England.

Hardly...

look @ the bottom teams in both leagues. Sunderland conceded 65 goals, while Rayo Vallecano conceded 62.

Another interesting fact is that Real Madrid(86 goals scored) only scored one more goal than Arsenal last season. (also then look @ how Arsenal have flopped against Spanish opposition in the last few years :D)

And Real Sociedad pushing Madrid to the last day of the season shows how much more competitive thier league is. Especially when Sociedad finished 13th the season before.
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:45
OWEN = PANTS
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The power balance is greater in Spain: The teams at the bottom really get whipped by top ones more often than in England.
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:01
Virtuoso wrote:
> Who would be easier to score for: Real Madrid or Liverpool?

Depends who you are playing against.
Wed 02/07/03 at 02:49
"I love yo... lamp."
£30 million for Owen? He is good, but not that good. I would rather have had Fowler when he was younger and fit.
Tue 01/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Sdrawkcab wrote:

So, in my opinion, it would be easier to score in The Premiership.
-----------------

It's not about the Premiership though =P

This is a better question: Who would be easier to score for: Real Madrid or Liverpool?

;)
Tue 01/07/03 at 21:05
But the players in Real are all selfish.

If they saw a glimmer of hope from 30 metres out, and saw an easy pass to Raul, they would go for the long shot. Except maybe Zidane.

Why did Figo take that penalty against Juve? Hierro has proved good in the past, Zidane banged one in against Portugal in Euro 2000, Raul ain't bad usually. So why him? Ego.

Same thing with Roberto Carlos, the baldy Brazilian git. So unbelievably cocky, clearly thinks he is better than everyone else. Even with Beckham there, I still see him taking at least 50% of the free kicks.

Also, La Liga has a completely different mentality to the Premiership. In England, it is all about killer passes, or accurate long balls. The whole team aspect is much more important. In La Liga, it is all about going past your marker, using tricks and speed. In England, Owen gets threaded through lovely balls from Gerrard, while in Spain, Raul often has to do all of the work on his own.

So, in my opinion, it would be easier to score in The Premiership.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Sdrawkcab wrote:

I suppose so. But he still can't compare to Raul.
--------------

How can you compare them?

Raul has won the Champs League, Spanish League, scores loads of goals, etc etc.

You all seem to forget that Raul plays for REAL MADRID, not Woking (or Wycombe =P). They're basically a Globe-trotters football equivalent. I'm sure Owen would absolutely thrive on that kind of team.

Goals. On. A. Plate.

Bring Raul to Liverpool (who don't have as many super-class as Real), and see how good he does there. A place where Owen has done brilliantly, and that fact is confirmed by him being mentioned in the same sentence as Raul.

I think he's better than Raul, personally. He's got age on his side; and bucketloads of experience considering that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.