GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dreams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
Anyone had any odd dreams or recently been in a situation where you think it’s happened before. I’m just asking because I have and would be interested to compare dreams and see if anyone else has had some similar experiences?
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
"This planet sucks"
Anyone had any odd dreams or recently been in a situation where you think it’s happened before. I’m just asking because I have and would be interested to compare dreams and see if anyone else has had some similar experiences?
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I was gonna write a big post thing on dreams, but I could never be bothered.

I'll sum what I was going to write up here.

Sister got big book. Book has 600+ pages explaining dreams.
Total Bullsh*t.
Dreams are caused by your mind replaying things that you've seen, done and talked about in the previous day.

I can't remember what happened in my dream last night. Although it did have something with me watching people wrestling in some stuff. I think that channel 3 program may have influenced that one!
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:02
Regular
"This planet sucks"
phi11ip wrote:
> Dreams are caused by your mind replaying things that you've seen, done
> and talked about in the previous day.

I don’t think I was on a spaceship a couple of days ago or the world didn’t end about a month ago because thats wht my dreams have been about.

Lol
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Did you watch Star Wars on Saturday, that might explain it.

And did you like, um, on Star Wars they blew up a world. Did you see that bit?
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"This planet sucks"
Nope
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:23
Regular
"This planet sucks"
My latest dream was of a space ship or something that witnessed a rip in space and when they went to investigate I saw what I think was the captain and a huge beam of light hit the ship causing m to wake up and almost jump out of bed.

It seemed realy real.
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:40
"I love yo... lamp."
I was going to do one similar.

I have lots of dreams. Latest one was where I was hanging on to the nose of a MiG 29. Being flown by me ex. And then I was sucked off into a tornado. You know the really big ones like in Twister.

I hadn't seen Twister in years at that point. Or my ex. Or a MiG.
Fri 27/06/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
There are many theories about why we have dreams. I have studied them extensively this year. They include:

Wish Fulfillment- your mind expresses things that are unacceptable to the conscious mind through dream symbols (this is mostly Freud's theory that everything in dreams is a symbol for sex!)

Reverse learning- our mind hasn't got the capacity to remember everything we do/see in a day, so by dreaming about it, we cast it out of our mind.

Activation Synthesis- electrical impulses in the mind fire off randomly, bringing up random visual and auditory images stored in the brain (this is why we don't usually taste or smell in dreams!)

Problem solving- we solve problems through acting out the problem in a dream and finding a solution (this is where the idea of things that have happened to you in the day appearing in your dream comes in.)
Sat 28/06/03 at 04:38
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I think my dreams are influenced by the temperature in my bedroom, the bloomin water boiler is about 2meters away from my bed, and when its working I get nightmares or really wierd and quite disturbing dreams and wake up sweating, (planning to move out)...

Damn that cant be good for my health, come to think of it i havent been sleeping the way I usually do since I moved into that house...

*Plans moving out speech (is serious)
Sat 28/06/03 at 11:53
Regular
"cachoo"
phi11ip wrote:
> Dreams are caused by your mind replaying things that you've seen, done
> and talked about in the previous day.

Never heard of that, sounds very true though. "That's 'cos it is true!"
Whatever.

So.. there's this dream I can't explain at all.. The only words I can think of to even try to explain it are 'shapes' and 'oasis'. Not Oasis the group, the stuff you stick fake flowers in and it makes a crunchy noise. Anyone heard of it?
My stomach feels like it, like it's going to snap.. and the shapes.. God knows.
Had that nightmare since I was 7 and hasn't stopped since!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.