GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to be shocked"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 07:37
Regular
I've been watching a load of horror films over the last few months, but still i havent found one that really shocked me.

The closest were probably TCM and Candyman (Out of general nastiness).

Any ideas of a horror film that REALLY scares you?
Fri 27/06/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Thanks for all the suggestions people.

I have the Frighteners, and it is a very entertaining and slightly humorous (SP) movie, but it isnt in the slightest bit shocking :)

I read about 'Eaten Alive' in one of my DVD mags. Looks pretty nasty.

As did Re-animator.

More info please...
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
Head Cheese wrote:

> I read about 'Eaten Alive' in one of my DVD mags. Looks pretty
> nasty.

Good cheesy Italian Cannibal film. Plenty of gore and some terrible dubbing, worth a watch but i'd recommend Cannibal Ferox of Cannibal Holocaust over it every time. You'd need to import all of them as the UK prints are cut to ribbons.

>
> As did Re-animator.

Excellent film!

One of my personal favourites actually. Great dark sense of humour and enough crimson and body parts thrown around to make Saddam Hussein blush.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
Oh and Evil Dead if you haven't seen it.

Absoloute must see!
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:45
Regular
Is The Last House on the Left any good?
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:52
Regular
Not one i'd recommend.

Contains a long drawn out scene of 2 girls being raped, which is just nasty. Not what i'd class as entertainment.

UK print is cut as well...probably better of that way in this one's case.
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
B... B... Bambi...

*Runs*
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:17
Regular
1978 version of Halloween. Lights off, sound up and you will be scared.
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and Evil Dead if you haven't seen it.
>
> Absoloute must see!

Evil Dead isn't scary or very shocking. I saw the second one when I was about 12 and found it hilarious, and the first one about a year later and thought the same.
Fri 27/06/03 at 20:30
Regular
BEARDS. wrote:

> Evil Dead isn't scary or very shocking. I saw the second one when I
> was about 12 and found it hilarious, and the first one about a year
> later and thought the same.

Yeah, but what films are shocking or scary these days?

It's a must see. The bit where the deadite shoves a pencil in Linda's leg is pretty shocking first time you see it.
Sat 28/06/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Party Hard"
Evil Dead is a good film because not only does it have the power to unsettle the audience, but it also adds a touch of comedy to the mix, managing to remain serious enough to prevent being stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.