GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The day I was born..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/06/03 at 10:33
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday /hi/dates/stories/may/31/ newsid_2481000/2481543.stm

The US Senate decided to stop bombing Cambodia, basically the end of the Vietnam War.
What happened on yours?
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:55
"Mimmargh!"
Goatboy wrote:
> What happened on yours?

An abnormal baby was born.
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:50
Regular
"That's right!"
I got a book years ago "The Day You Were Born - '84"

Something boring and uninteresting happened on June 14th 1984. All my mates would look through the book and go "Wow!"
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
1963: King's dream for racial harmony
The fight for racial equality moves a step closer to victory as Dr Martin Luther King tells thousands of his dream for freedom.

1972: Prince William killed in plane crash
Prince William of Gloucester has been killed after his light aircraft crashed and burst into flames.

1985: East Germans charged with espionage
An East German couple have appeared before Horseferry Road magistrates court in London charged under the Official Secrets Act.

1994: Sunday trading legalised
Thousands of shops throughout England and Wales have opened legally today for the first time following a change in the Sunday trading laws.

(August 28)
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
THE AIRPORT!!!""!11>?
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Thunder boomed ominously as the very foundations of the Earth shook,
> people cried out in terror and their hideous faces were illuminated
> briefly by each flash of lightning cast from the sky. Even animals
> wept, knowing that he who would subjugate all living things, had come.

The Messiah!
The Messiah!

Nothing much happened on my birthday. Some Algerian bloke tried to snuff out Charles de Gaulle, and the IRA blew somewhere up.
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:47
Regular
1984 (year I was born) - Britain signs Hong Kong over to China.

And in 1997 Willian Hague married someone. How exciting.
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
1998: At least 19 people are killed in riots in Nigeria's biggest city, Lagos, following the death of the opposition leader.

2001: Two people are stabbed and many more injured in running battles between white and Asian gangs in Bradford.

Perhaps not a good omen then.
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Thunder boomed ominously as the very foundations of the Earth shook, people cried out in terror and their hideous faces were illuminated briefly by each flash of lightning cast from the sky. Even animals wept, knowing that he who would subjugate all living things, had come.
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My birthday was yesterday. Hurray for me and all that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/ onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/24/default.stm

1974: Labour rift over nuclear test
The Labour Government admits Britain exploded a nuclear device in the United States a few weeks ago.

1968: Rail go-slow begins
The country's rail network is thrown into disarray as the National Union of Railwaymen begins its work-to-rule and ban on overtime.

1986: Ian Paisley's battle cry condemned
Hard-line unionist leader the Reverend Ian Paisley warns Northern Ireland is on the verge of civil war.

1993: Minister resigns over business links
Northern Ireland Minister Michael Mates resigns over his links with fugitive tycoon Asil Nadir
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Freddie Mercury Died (not in the same year obviously)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.