GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Backups! Data, Music, Photos - Back it up!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/04/09 at 16:30
"Are you sure?"
Backups - Free backup software

SYNCBACK

When you lose your data due to a hard drive failure or corruption or your PC has died on you - it's painful, costly and inconvenient!

All that work, those photos, music tracks, iTune downloads, emails, documents, address books, etc. etc. all gone... :¬(

An HDD failure is not 'if' it is 'when'!

It may be 6 months or 10 years, but it WILL fail. Platters spinning at up to 10,000 rpm with magnetic heads only microns away...

If the hard drive doesn't fail maybe your PC will crash or fail to start, leaving you without access to your valuable data.

Like a break in, most people only do something about it after experiencing the pain.

With a couple of clicks it could all be taken care of.

I've mentioned it before (back in 2007) but thought after seeing people having related problems over in the General Chat forum it was worth another mention.

SyncBack, I can't recommend this backup software highly enough - the free version is all most people need: www.2brightsparks.com/syncback.

It can take full or incremental backups to external drives / networked PCs / flash drives / via FTP/ can be scheduled or run manually / can send email alerts and logs / you can filter files in or out, etc. etc. more options than most people will ever need!

It also doesn't change the format or compress your data so you can easily read, use and check your data backups are actually working! This is quite important, as many backup utilities create files that you can't actually read unless you perform a restore. Then you can find out too late you weren't backing up all your files.

The software was written by a chap from Coventry University - see their website for more details if your are interested.

I run SyncBack daily, backing up my data to an external HDD and other PCs on my network - all with a couple of clicks!

Keep taking the backups!...

Search Freeola Chat
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 07/04/09 at 16:30
"Are you sure?"
Backups - Free backup software

SYNCBACK

When you lose your data due to a hard drive failure or corruption or your PC has died on you - it's painful, costly and inconvenient!

All that work, those photos, music tracks, iTune downloads, emails, documents, address books, etc. etc. all gone... :¬(

An HDD failure is not 'if' it is 'when'!

It may be 6 months or 10 years, but it WILL fail. Platters spinning at up to 10,000 rpm with magnetic heads only microns away...

If the hard drive doesn't fail maybe your PC will crash or fail to start, leaving you without access to your valuable data.

Like a break in, most people only do something about it after experiencing the pain.

With a couple of clicks it could all be taken care of.

I've mentioned it before (back in 2007) but thought after seeing people having related problems over in the General Chat forum it was worth another mention.

SyncBack, I can't recommend this backup software highly enough - the free version is all most people need: www.2brightsparks.com/syncback.

It can take full or incremental backups to external drives / networked PCs / flash drives / via FTP/ can be scheduled or run manually / can send email alerts and logs / you can filter files in or out, etc. etc. more options than most people will ever need!

It also doesn't change the format or compress your data so you can easily read, use and check your data backups are actually working! This is quite important, as many backup utilities create files that you can't actually read unless you perform a restore. Then you can find out too late you weren't backing up all your files.

The software was written by a chap from Coventry University - see their website for more details if your are interested.

I run SyncBack daily, backing up my data to an external HDD and other PCs on my network - all with a couple of clicks!

Keep taking the backups!...

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.