GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harry Potter & tOotP Spoiler Discussion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/06/03 at 16:26
Regular
As the other threads are more for discussing the book and not actually what's inside, I think starting one up where people who've finished the book can discuss it freely would be better. This way everyone's a winner, right?

So, first things first: it was good, but still not 'great'. I think the start was far too slow and plodding, it took almost a third of the book to get to Hogwarts and it was just pretty boring. I was left a little flat with this OotP 'revelation' and all that, but the end rocked. I was so convinced Hagrid was dead or about to die (hence Dumbledore was away helping him) and then all the other sort of red herrings like Hermione being knocked out.

I think the ending wrapped everything up very well though, I especially liked the pact with Aunt Petunia. I guess Sirius' death will be a letdown to lots of people as with the 'broke down crying' quote everyone thought it would be a core character but he's still regarded as a fringe player really. Still, can't wait for Gary Oldman in the films

And in the other thread someone brought up the point of Neville being the one to kill Voldemort, and why he wasn't chosen. I think that really it was just at random and it could have been either of them, but Voldemort's attacking them MADE them his equal; he CHOSE the child. However, I think Dumbeldore said there were two other boys and he only mentioned one. Malfoy for the other? And Luna was a very interesting character but I think she was undersold. She always seemed like she was above everything, she handled all the Death Eaters and stuff. Maybe we'll see more of her in the next book.

And no talking about Hermione meeting Krum in the holidays? BOOO! Anyway, I've waffled on. So what're your thoughts?
Tue 24/06/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Goatboy wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
> I'm wondering what you were intending to do with the kid's book that
> I
> lent you
> ---
>
> Posting it back tomorrow having read it.
> It's good, didn't care for the whole Hogwar...sorry, Oxford Academy
> bits, but once Lara went to London it picked up.
> The armoured bears were most excellent, as were the kids being
> operated on.

I suppose you missed my point on purpose there.

Glad you enjoyed it though.
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:22
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
tOotP rules.

I loved it. Absorbed until the very end, me.

I was annoyed by Harry too. Very adolescent, very short temper. But the way I see it, the more emotion we feel towards a character, the better the character.

And It's obvious that Harry will probably have Bellatrix on his mind more than Voldemort.

By the way, didn't it seem like, when the Auror's and Death Eaters were duelling, they were having rapid sword-fights or something?
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> So many grownups reading kids books
>
> *pats heads*
> That's sweet

I sit on the train reading a book with numerous useages of the bad C word and a thoughtful examination of what defines humanity, whilst other adults sit on the train reading about some kid wizard and his escapades. Without shame.

And you know that they will be sitting at their desks in work daydream-reliving their school days as a dorky wizard...
Tue 24/06/03 at 09:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Rosalind wrote:
> I'm wondering what you were intending to do with the kid's book that I
> lent you
---

Posting it back tomorrow having read it.
It's good, didn't care for the whole Hogwar...sorry, Oxford Academy bits, but once Lara went to London it picked up.
The armoured bears were most excellent, as were the kids being operated on.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:09
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> So many grownups reading kids books
>
> *pats heads*
> That's sweet

--

So what are you doing in a kids book thread then?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:16
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Memorandum wrote:
> Wouldn't that make him the perfect person to act Sirius?

They can't be that cruel to him to make him die in ANOTHER film :D
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:16
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
El Blokey wrote:
> LOL! That's quite true. Never noticed that.

Aye, pay attention, me laddeh! :D
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm wondering what you were intending to do with the kid's book that I lent you
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So many grownups reading kids books

*pats heads*
That's sweet
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
Sirius went from being the protective godfather to treating Harry like his best mate reborn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.