GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Greatest Team Ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/06/03 at 11:53
Regular
Many teams are supremely skilled. Some become legends. Which is the best, though? I'm saying Real Madrid's tea in the late 50s and early 60s- who nelse could win 5 European Cups in a row? But can any other team match this brilliance?
Fri 04/07/03 at 07:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Actually, you were allowed substitutes only in international matches in those days. But if you weren't too injured you might end up swapping positions with another player, usually a winger.
Fri 04/07/03 at 02:35
"I love yo... lamp."
Munson wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Celtic 1967 team. Greatest British team ever.
>
> As good as the Celtic team was,they only won it once.
>
> The dominant Liverpool era (as much as everyone hated them for it),was
> a much greater achievement,doing it year after year is real class.

Had you actually seen them, you wouldn't have believed that. The Lisbon Lions were the greatest. When Liverpool won it Inter were not at their all time best. Bear in mind back in 67 you did NOT have substitutes. A guy went off injured and you were down to 10 men. Quite simply Atletico Madrid just kicked Celtic off the park.

No winger in history has ever bettered Jimmy Johnstone.
Fri 04/07/03 at 02:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Richard Fish wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
>
> Was that the one where every member of the team was born within 20 or
> 30 miles of the stadium and won the then european champions cup type
> thing?

Yes.
Sat 28/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
"thegodfather"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

As good as the Celtic team was,they only won it once.

The dominant Liverpool era (as much as everyone hated them for it),was a much greater achievement,doing it year after year is real class.
Sat 28/06/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm a Man United fan as well, but I would say the teams of the late 50s, and 1968, are both good contenders- they say if it had not been for the Munchen disaster, it would have been Duncan Edwards holding the world cup aloft at Wembley in 1966.
Sat 28/06/03 at 01:21
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Well I only put Man U as I am a fan so I thought I should.
Could you have Brazil in the 1950's to 1960's.
Sat 28/06/03 at 00:53
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

Was that the one where every member of the team was born within 20 or 30 miles of the stadium and won the then european champions cup type thing?
Sat 28/06/03 at 00:29
"I love yo... lamp."
Notorious Biggles wrote:

Woo Man U of 1999 won the triple. The Lisbon Lions won the European Cup and at least four domestic cups. That'd be quint something...
Sat 28/06/03 at 00:26
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Real Madrid - anytime as they have won trophy's thoughout the years
or
Man United 1999 - As I remember they won the triple and had won lots of trophy's e.g. the Premiership for the past 6 years except 95 when Blackburn got lucky.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:13
"I love yo... lamp."
Celtic 1967 team. Greatest British team ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.