GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The G20 protesters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/04/09 at 15:32
"possibly impossible"
We all knew it was coming, the protesters made sure that media coverage was on full alert for their actions during the G20 summit and the action started as promised.

While I have some sympathy for the ideas being raised by the protesters, that more needs to be done to help the planet and that there is a dangerous leaning towards feeding the unstable cash flow of the current economy, it does seem that these protests aren’t really about this at all.

What they now look like is an organised effort by a bunch of trouble makers to cause trouble just for the hell of it, which undermines the whole principle of the message that the original protesters were trying to make. Those ideas are borne partly out of the incident where the police had to try and take away a dying protester (not injured by them) and were forcibly hindered from doing so, and partly from the videos we see of how these protests are being handled and the soundbites coming from some of the more vocal members.

Ok, you could argue that the media loves to turn this into more than it really is, and some of these results will come from the media’s handling and choice cuts. But I think there are certainly far better ways of holding a protest and making a point than the current scenes are portraying. This is not going to make a jot of difference. And how many of the protestors, do you think, are just as guilty of not making an effort to be greener or less likely to feed the cash flow of the ‘corrupt’ society?

Your thoughts please?
Thu 02/04/09 at 19:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
These people win very little sympathy in my eyes and out of spite, i will destroy the planet and encourage war.

Ok, joking aside, they're not doing anyone favours. They're acting more like a violent mob who seem to want to threaten people like those who work in the banking industry,. For fudge sake you (sauages) its individuals who caused the mess not the majority! Nor does acting violent help things either.

I find that most of these people to be a bit like bums. Have they worked a hard days life or have they spunged off society and blame the government? have they even considered the problems themselves and tried solving them rather then to complain. What have they done to save the environment apart from using words? why have they not planted trees? why have they not looked into creating a decent efficient power source? why have they not tried to create their own moneyless society from scratch?

Then there are the naive people who think that they can change the world. Do you honestly think its so simple to make peace when hatred is rooted so deeply? I can only think of one way to resolve a situation and thats by turning the areas into a smoking crator and neutralizing all areas.

Then there are the anarchists. Who hate capitalism and government. These people are just rebels with a crap cause who have a naive or deprivied view of chaos in society as true freedom. Like it or not communism doesn't work and is immensely flawed, greed is built into humans.

I could go on, but you can clearly see that i don't like these people one bit.
Thu 02/04/09 at 15:32
"possibly impossible"
We all knew it was coming, the protesters made sure that media coverage was on full alert for their actions during the G20 summit and the action started as promised.

While I have some sympathy for the ideas being raised by the protesters, that more needs to be done to help the planet and that there is a dangerous leaning towards feeding the unstable cash flow of the current economy, it does seem that these protests aren’t really about this at all.

What they now look like is an organised effort by a bunch of trouble makers to cause trouble just for the hell of it, which undermines the whole principle of the message that the original protesters were trying to make. Those ideas are borne partly out of the incident where the police had to try and take away a dying protester (not injured by them) and were forcibly hindered from doing so, and partly from the videos we see of how these protests are being handled and the soundbites coming from some of the more vocal members.

Ok, you could argue that the media loves to turn this into more than it really is, and some of these results will come from the media’s handling and choice cuts. But I think there are certainly far better ways of holding a protest and making a point than the current scenes are portraying. This is not going to make a jot of difference. And how many of the protestors, do you think, are just as guilty of not making an effort to be greener or less likely to feed the cash flow of the ‘corrupt’ society?

Your thoughts please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.