GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fed up with 1meg"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/10/06 at 11:06
"possibly impossible"
My internet connection at home is depressing. It was nice when I first upgraded from a 128kb connection on ISDN to Broadband, but now I use the work connection and other people's connections when I am fixing their PCs, it just reminds me of how slow a 1mb connection really is.

Surely other countries have far longer reaches for their internet speeds than us? My brother-in-law lives in a small town in Spain and can get faster speeds than I can living in a larger town in the UK.

Damn BT and their crap technology holding everyone up!
Tue 07/11/06 at 15:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Smedlos wrote:
> Wonder how fast Internet speeds will develop over the next few
> years?
>
> When I started college in 1996 I bought a new PC with a 150mb
> processor

That's quite a processor
Tue 07/11/06 at 14:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Wonder how fast Internet speeds will develop over the next few years?

When I started college in 1996 I bought a new PC with a 150mb processor which was the top of the range at the time and 10 years later we're up to 3.4GB ish.

Can instant downloads of movies etc be that far away?
Sun 22/10/06 at 00:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
I went from 56k dialup --> 6mb broadband... Man that was a happy day...
Sat 21/10/06 at 17:39
Regular
"lets go back"
You do with Telewest but all of the others run on your regular phone line I think. The just put a limit on the line to only allow whatever speed you have paid for.
Sat 21/10/06 at 16:34
"possibly impossible"
Not unless it's really old technology.
Sat 21/10/06 at 16:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
How do you upgrade your line? Do you have to have it physically taken out and a new one put in?
Tue 17/10/06 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> I can get like 8gig I think unlimited broadband with sky for
> £10 pounds a month.

Did you do a speed test on your line? 8meg is the maximum they provide, not the guaranteed amount.
Mon 16/10/06 at 23:26
Regular
"sh"
i only have 2.2 :(

though im not sure what this one is
Mon 16/10/06 at 19:43
Regular
"lets go back"
Im on an upto 10MB connection. It was about 9.6 last time I did a speed test so its pretty much what it says on the tin. Its also not capped in any way so I have unlimited downloads.

Up until a week ago it was just for one computer but its now split over to machines. The second one virtually never gets used though and would only be used for general surfing and emails.

I doubt I could cope with a 1 or 2 MB connection.
Mon 16/10/06 at 18:40
Regular
I can get like 8gig I think unlimited broadband with sky for £10 pounds a month.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.