GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wavebird"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 18:49
Regular
Is it any heavier than a normal pad?
Does it have vibration?
(If not) do you even realise?
Does it come in any other colours?

That is all.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:49
"period drama"
Does it have vibration?

That is all.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:50
Regular
It vibrates to the tune of 'Make me smile' by Erasure.
Wed 18/06/03 at 19:06
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is it any heavier than a normal pad?
> Does it have vibration?
> (If not) do you even realise?
> Does it come in any other colours?
>
> That is all.

It feels lighter.
No.
Only in vibration mad games. So no.
Maybe in Japan, not here.

That is all, again.
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:38
"Uzi Lover"
Slightly, really slightly.

Does it have vibration?
Nope.

Nope, sometimes I use the Wavebird just because it doesn't rumble.

No.

It kicks, its wireless, get one.
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:45
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Also, read M.W.A's review. It's very honest and a good read.

*Remember's writting review*

*Remembers M.W.A's review is far superior*

Damn

: D
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:28
Regular
When I go to the shop to buy a wavebird I look at the wavebird and then I see a gamecube game and I'd prefer to buy that so I doubt I'll ever get a wavebird.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:26
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is it any heavier than a normal pad?

About the same, possibly very marginally lighter

> Does it have vibration?

No (and hence why no extra weight)

> (If not) do you even realise?

Personally, I hate vibration pap, when I used regular controllers I used to turn it off anyway, so for me it's perfect. Just my opinion though.
If you want to work it out for yourself, you could try turning vibration off and see if you miss it.

> Does it come in any other colours?

They do platinum in japan, try lik-sang.com , play-asia.com . Not a big deal, unless maybe you have a platinum cube and are into your coordination...

Batteries: You get a good few months. I probably have to change them once every 6 months (2 x AA).
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:06
Regular
This is THE best piece of hardware innovation in gaming for years. Every GC owner should have at least one. Buy one and you'll be impressed.

Not having rumble feature won't bother you at all, that novelty wears off. The fact that it's Wireless is a far bigger plus. This things works through walls, tables, people... i even stand in my garden it works (not that i play from there. I think IGN reported it works from 90ft. Also, there is absolute no lag and you can point the controller in any direction.

The batteries last quite a long time. I've not had mine very long (only one month) but i hear it does last a few months even if you play regularly.

And like the previous post, they do Platinum on import. It will cost you around the same even if you import (due to stupid UK prices), so i went for platinum - only £30.

Anyway, like i said, you should have at least on one of these, though you'll probably end up fighting over who should have it when it comes to multi-player mayhem.
Thu 19/06/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm fine with cables. It doesn't really bother me.

And the rumble when used properly is great. On Zelda, when you're in the barrel trying to sneak past the guards. If they see you, there's the dodgy noise and the controller rumbles suddenly.

It's a great effect of making you jump in an edgy situation.

I prefer rmble.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:48
Regular
I would not let rumble be a deciding factor in getting this controller, unless you're a rumble nut and really love it. Zelda is best played with the rumble feature agreed, but other than that, you really wont miss it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.