GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wavebird"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 18:49
Regular
Is it any heavier than a normal pad?
Does it have vibration?
(If not) do you even realise?
Does it come in any other colours?

That is all.
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
OR, now get this:
just cut all the wiresoff your old controllers, and use THEM.
I am surely the inventor of the century.
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:47
"period drama"
I have a cunning plan ....

Get the Logic 3 PS2 pad, so I can use it on my PS2 (duh) then get the controller converter thingy so you can use PS2 controllers on a GC.
Go me.
*Dances*
Thu 19/06/03 at 20:44
"period drama"
Yeah, I saw that Logic3 XB pad - it looks pretty sweet.
I'll probably wait out a bit to see if they do a GC one - here's hoping it'll look nice.

Cheers for all that guys.
Thu 19/06/03 at 19:59
Regular
You dont want rumble in a wireless, it destroys battery life!!!! Thats why wireless controllers previous to the WaveBird failed miserably. The motor would drain batteries far too quickly.
Thu 19/06/03 at 19:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Logic3 released an XBOX wireless pad (Unoriginally named the FreeBird)
> and that featured Rumble. I belive the PS2 counterpart by them has it
> too. Hang on for a bit, as you never know, a GC rumble version of this
> Logic3 wireless pad could come out soon :D

Why bother? Compared to Nintendo quality it will pale in comparison, rumble feature or not.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:48
Regular
I would not let rumble be a deciding factor in getting this controller, unless you're a rumble nut and really love it. Zelda is best played with the rumble feature agreed, but other than that, you really wont miss it.
Thu 19/06/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm fine with cables. It doesn't really bother me.

And the rumble when used properly is great. On Zelda, when you're in the barrel trying to sneak past the guards. If they see you, there's the dodgy noise and the controller rumbles suddenly.

It's a great effect of making you jump in an edgy situation.

I prefer rmble.
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:06
Regular
This is THE best piece of hardware innovation in gaming for years. Every GC owner should have at least one. Buy one and you'll be impressed.

Not having rumble feature won't bother you at all, that novelty wears off. The fact that it's Wireless is a far bigger plus. This things works through walls, tables, people... i even stand in my garden it works (not that i play from there. I think IGN reported it works from 90ft. Also, there is absolute no lag and you can point the controller in any direction.

The batteries last quite a long time. I've not had mine very long (only one month) but i hear it does last a few months even if you play regularly.

And like the previous post, they do Platinum on import. It will cost you around the same even if you import (due to stupid UK prices), so i went for platinum - only £30.

Anyway, like i said, you should have at least on one of these, though you'll probably end up fighting over who should have it when it comes to multi-player mayhem.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:26
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is it any heavier than a normal pad?

About the same, possibly very marginally lighter

> Does it have vibration?

No (and hence why no extra weight)

> (If not) do you even realise?

Personally, I hate vibration pap, when I used regular controllers I used to turn it off anyway, so for me it's perfect. Just my opinion though.
If you want to work it out for yourself, you could try turning vibration off and see if you miss it.

> Does it come in any other colours?

They do platinum in japan, try lik-sang.com , play-asia.com . Not a big deal, unless maybe you have a platinum cube and are into your coordination...

Batteries: You get a good few months. I probably have to change them once every 6 months (2 x AA).
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:28
Regular
When I go to the shop to buy a wavebird I look at the wavebird and then I see a gamecube game and I'd prefer to buy that so I doubt I'll ever get a wavebird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.