GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It never ends the way you think it will"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 15:46
Regular
It's a bit sad in our house today. My cousin died this morning.

We weren't close - although we live(d) on the same estate just a few hundred yards apart, we hadn't seen each other for a few years, until last week. Even then I only saw her long enough to say "hello" and "goodbye".

She'd had her share of problems. Was a mum at a young age, two of her four kids have had kids of their own, even though none of them are yet 16. She had drug problems - and I mean hard drugs such as Crack, not just the odd spliff.

She was quite stunning looking, until the last few years when the drugs started to take their toll. She lost a lot of weight, and was very pale skinned - nothing like I'd remembered her, but exactly as other family members had described her recently.

Needless to say, most people who knew her thought that one day she would kill herself with an overdose, and that was the first thing that went through our minds when we heard the news this morning. But that wasn't what had happened at all.

Last night she went out with some friends. They were driving home this morning somewhere around 8am, when - apparently - the driver fell asleep at the wheel, while on a main road through town, about 3 miles from home.

The car crashed into the wall of a pub which I've been to many times. Everyone else is apparently okay, but she died at the scene. At 32, she was just a few months older than me.

So as I said, it never ends the way you think it will.

It would be hypocritical to say that I'm in floods of tears, because I'm not. As I said, I hardly ever saw her, and never really knew her. But it's saddening, all the same. Someone survives all that, and then goes out like this. Makes you wonder.

You never think, when you see or speak to someone, that it could be the last time you ever see them. To me it seems odd that I saw her last week for the first time in years, and now she's gone for good. I won't go into details here, but there were some unusual circumstances which led to us seeing each other on that particular day. It just seems so spooky.

I'm not a religious person at all, but maybe it was just fate? Too much happened for it to be just pure chance - I'm sure of that.

Still, that's my little sad story for the day.

Rest in peace, Jo.
Fri 04/07/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sorry to hear that WM.
Fri 04/07/03 at 12:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hmm, the driver's seat in my car does that, it doesn't lock properly and slips and slides all over the place. I have to have it pushed all the way back otherwise it goes haywire. Now I am worried.
Fri 04/07/03 at 01:40
"High polygon count"
They got the body back from the post mortem a few days ago. Seems like her seatbelt killed her.

Accident investigators say the car was travelling at about 70mph (in what I think is a 40 zone) when it hit the wall of the pub. She had the belt on, but the seat reclined.

All her organs were pushed up and to the right, which must have been caused by the belt.

Difficult to say, but if she hadn't been wearing her belt, she may have survived. Ironic, isn't it?

Funeral is tomorrow.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I knew my next door neighbour quite well when we were kids. He was about 2-3 years older than me but when he went to secondary school I don't think I ever spoke to him for years.

Then about 3 years ago at Christmas I heard he had died. Got drunk, fell over a bridge and drowned in the river. Although I hadn't talked to him for about 5 years and he wasn't that nice a person I still felt really sad and acted as a warning to me I guess.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:34
"I love yo... lamp."
That is ashame man. Sorry. Even if you were not close it still hurts and shocks you.

A few months ago my cousin died too. She was 45. Went to bed never woke up. That is the way life is sometimes.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:17
Regular
"cachoo"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well, today it's all over the front of the local paper.
>
> If anyone lives in or around Northampton, check out the Northampton
> Chronicle & Echo.

I saw it in the Chronicle and Echo.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ms NY wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Ha, where did the pipe fall from?
>
> Ha? That funny?

Aye.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:05
Regular
"cachoo"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ha, where did the pipe fall from?

Ha? That funny?
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My next door neighbour died of a heart attack.

But to be honest i didnt really care.
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The craziest Col! wrote:
> Around my end some little nusiance was swinging under a tree, showing
> off, when huge pipe fall down on him and crushed him, he died.

Ha, where did the pipe fall from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.