GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AVI to MPEG-1 Conversion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 11:11
Regular
I have used all sorts of media converters and specifically I need those which convert AVI to MPEG-1 or VCD. However, every one that I have used converts the files fine but then when you play the file back in the converted format (in this case MPEG-1/VCD), the sound is delayed.

For instance a persons mouth moves on the video and then about two seconds later, the sound is heard.

Any suggestions? Can this be prevented in any way? Is there a program which doesn't make this happen?
Mon 23/06/03 at 12:47
"Bothered!"
I take it that these are eay to find on websites such as Google etc...

I will look about and then post in this space if I need your help at all.

Thanks a lot guys...please watch this space as I am sure that I will need more help on the matter.

SS
Sat 21/06/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Phft Tmpg is crap. If you want lame-league then FlaskMPEG is okay. but really, you want to be using things like Nandub and VirtualDubMod, Gordian Knot-style.
Sat 21/06/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
I do alot of these :-)

The best software to use is tmpg, this will convert any file from divx, avi or mpeg to VCD, Super Video CD or DVD at any bitrate, quality, ratio or option you want. vcdhelp.com is a great site with all the help and links you need.

The Tmpg download is found on the "how to" convert page.
Fri 20/06/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
secret_squirrel™ wrote:
> Cool thanks...do you have n e suggestions about which programs do this
> and how do i reinsert it after extraction?!?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Virtua Dub extracts the sound. And then any MPEG editor should actually give you a video and audio source. Usually you select the video source and it automatically puts in the sound source as the same file as the video. Just change the source to the WAV file that you created.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:08
"Bothered!"
Cool thanks...do you have n e suggestions about which programs do this and how do i reinsert it after extraction?!?

Thanks a lot.
Tue 17/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Best thing is to extract the audio from the AVI as a WAV format. Some conversion tools that do AVI to MPG can't deal with the sound. Doesnt take long to extract the audio, took about 1 min 10 seconds for me to get 45mins from an AVI and I have a 1.2ghz 512mb PC.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
google?!
Mon 16/06/03 at 15:54
"Bothered!"
Where wud I find this Nandub?
Mon 16/06/03 at 07:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
secret_squirrel™ wrote:
> I have used all sorts of media converters and specifically I need
> those which convert AVI to MPEG-1 or VCD.

This is meaningless as AVI is a container, not a codec.

Anyway, you're talking about sync loss. Warez like Nandub will allow you to offset audio.

DVDs aren't distributed as AVI, but they are MPEG-2 files which, once DeCSS'd, you can plonk in an AVI if you feel like having 6 gigs or so of wasted space.
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:45
"Bothered!"
Thanks a lot. I will post more in this space if i get stuck...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.