GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Movie Of Ben Stiller.....???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/03/09 at 19:58
Regular
WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE OF BEN STILLER.???
Mon 23/03/09 at 16:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
t1mmie wrote:
> On the subject of funny actors -
>
> Jim Carey Will Ferrell

I hope you typed this in order to wind people up, Carey is the most over-rated actor ever, next to Jack Black.
Mon 23/03/09 at 16:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think Eternal Sunshine proved Jim Carey is far more talented than Will Ferrell, who is not funny and cant act.
And Ferrell should be shot for ruining the career of John C Reilly
Mon 23/03/09 at 16:47
Regular
I'm joining the team of Anchorman haters.
Mon 23/03/09 at 16:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
McLong wrote:
> I'm joining the team of Anchorman haters.

The sex panther bit was funny but the rest of the film was pretty lame IMO.
Mon 23/03/09 at 17:06
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
> McLong wrote:
> I'm joining the team of Anchorman haters.
>
> The sex panther bit was funny but the rest of the film was
> pretty lame IMO.

Yeah I agree. The concept of the film I thought was quite good too - different at least... but other than that I think it just tried to hard and ended up being more obscure than actually funny.
Tue 24/03/09 at 09:56
Regular
"One man, no shoes.."
Firstly, Trying to compare Jim Carey in things like Eternal Sunshine and Will Ferrel in Anchorman is like trying to compare Sir Laurence Olivier and Charlie Chaplin... Complete oposites, incomparable. Jim Carey is a good actor, Will Farrel is a child trapped in an adults body.

Secondly I'm not a massive fan of Will Ferrel, To be honest I'd go so far to say that I don't like the man... but Anchorman was obscure, absurd and fantastic and it spawned a great set of films, like 40 Year old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad. So to say that it is overrated is just plain crazy.

Thirdly, I feel like I'm ranting now.
Tue 24/03/09 at 20:48
Regular
Neckarb wrote:
> Firstly, Trying to compare Jim Carey in things like Eternal
> Sunshine and Will Ferrel in Anchorman is like trying to compare
> Sir Laurence Olivier and Charlie Chaplin... Complete oposites,
> incomparable. Jim Carey is a good actor, Will Farrel is a child
> trapped in an adults body.
>
> Secondly I'm not a massive fan of Will Ferrel, To be honest I'd
> go so far to say that I don't like the man... but Anchorman was
> obscure, absurd and fantastic and it spawned a great set of
> films, like 40 Year old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad. So to say
> that it is overrated is just plain crazy.
>
> Thirdly, I feel like I'm ranting now.

40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad were without doubt the most overrated comedy films I've ever seen. I've yet to see Knocked Up but if it's in the same vein as those two I'll stay clear. Anchorman was overrated in my opinion - Will Ferrell is able to pull off some amusing parts in the film, so it's not on him, just that the script itself was quite dull. At least it had some funny parts though.

As for Ben Stiller, if I were to compare his highest regarded roles in slapstick comedy (Dodgeball, Zoolander, possibly Tropic Thunder) they all beat Will Ferrell by a mile. Having said that, Ferrell can have his moments. For me Stiller in Meet The Parents was proper comedy - funny without the try hard comedy of Superbad. And Jim Carey in LiarLiar was funny, not much else.
Wed 25/03/09 at 09:36
Regular
We're all forgetting - "There's something about Mary"

What a (Ben Stiller) film.
Sun 05/04/09 at 21:30
Regular
I love Zoolander...
Thu 21/05/09 at 09:18
Regular
My favourite Ben Stiller movie is 'Theres somthing about Mary' and 'Meet The Parents'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.