GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Movie Of Ben Stiller.....???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/03/09 at 19:58
Regular
WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE OF BEN STILLER.???
Thu 21/05/09 at 20:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:
> pete_21 wrote:
> Got well confused reading this thread,thought you were
> discussing Danny Boyle's film about astronauts trying to
> reignite
> the sun.I actually went to see that load of marmite in the
> cinema.
>
> Enjoyable nonsense it was. Certainly better than bloody Slumdog!

Danny Boyle has made some decent films in the past but I agree,the multi Oscar winning and ridiculously overrated Slumdog Millionaire was not one of them.Although it far from being the amazing masterpiece many claimed it was,it was not the worst thing I have seen this year.That award would go to the Hannah Montana Movie (don't ask !).Not content with making me endure the crappy film,my daughter wants the bloody soundtrack now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Thu 21/05/09 at 19:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So you enjoyed Sunshine too? :S

Anyway we will agree to disagree as I did not like it. Think JC should have stopped at Ace Ventura...or at least not bothered trying to direct.
Thu 21/05/09 at 19:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
> Got well confused reading this thread,thought you were
> discussing Danny Boyle's film about astronauts trying to reignite
> the sun.I actually went to see that load of marmite in the
> cinema.

Enjoyable nonsense it was. Certainly better than bloody Slumdog!
Thu 21/05/09 at 19:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
> I have to admit I only saw it the once, but that was more than
> enough. The concept was just ....meh. I thought it was average
> all round. And i actually like Jim Carey!

The concept was genius. A relationship in reverse, reconstructed as bad memories are deleted. The idea that the characters would physically damage themselves to escape emotional pain, that later on they would knowingly choose to experience again so they could experience the good. I'll maintain that the scene at the end where they're listening to the tape and hearing both the past and the future of their relationship is fricken' awesome and one of my favourite scenes in any film.
Thu 21/05/09 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nin wrote:
> Warhunt wrote:
> Blah blah sunshine was awful, and his acting was pretty much
> average, I wouldnt scream that he deserved awards for it
> certainly.
>
> Why would you say such a thing? I demand your resignation from
> the house of staff

I have to admit I only saw it the once, but that was more than enough. The concept was just ....meh. I thought it was average all round. And i actually like Jim Carey!
Thu 21/05/09 at 18:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:
> Warhunt wrote:
> certainly.
>
> Why would you say such a thing? I demand your resignation from
> the house of staff

Got well confused reading this thread,thought you were discussing Danny Boyle's film about astronauts trying to reignite the sun.I actually went to see that load of marmite in the cinema.
Thu 21/05/09 at 17:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
> certainly.

Why would you say such a thing? I demand your resignation from the house of staff
Thu 21/05/09 at 13:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in.

Zoolander I actually have to say I really enjoyed. Dunno why but I find myself able to watch it again and again, once 3 times in a row, back to back. (I was ill in bed for a week over christmas)

Anchorman has to list high up in my range as I found it brilliant.

"I miss your scent"

"60% of the time it works....every time"
"That doesn't even make sense"

"I'm gonna punch you in the ovaries"

Classic one liners. Lets be honest though, its not to everyones taste. Its foolish, often childish and very random. Like Blades of Glory.

And I actually like Jim Carey, his old stand up stuff was well funny. But acting wise, there are only so many times I can laugh at someone making silly faces for 90 minutes. And Anchorman was terrible....considering he tried to direct, well just no.

Blah blah sunshine was awful, and his acting was pretty much average, I wouldnt scream that he deserved awards for it certainly.
Thu 21/05/09 at 09:26
Regular
I like Tropic Thunder and Theres Something About Mary!!!!
Thu 21/05/09 at 09:18
Regular
My favourite Ben Stiller movie is 'Theres somthing about Mary' and 'Meet The Parents'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.