GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham - He's Going To Barcelona"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 18:36
Regular
Well, he's leaving the Red Devil's for sunny Spain.
He's being bought for an estimated £30M, with a wage of 100K a week (Pounds, if I remember rightly).

So, he's gone.
Hurra... I mean, aaw, he'll be sadly missed.
:)
Tue 10/06/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Well, he's leaving the Red Devil's for sunny Spain.
He's being bought for an estimated £30M, with a wage of 100K a week (Pounds, if I remember rightly).

So, he's gone.
Hurra... I mean, aaw, he'll be sadly missed.
:)
Tue 10/06/03 at 18:55
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Azul wrote:
> So, he's gone.
> Hurra... I mean, aaw, he'll be sadly missed.
> :)

Guess your not a Man U Fan.

*Jumps for joy*
Tue 10/06/03 at 19:09
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
If he does go to Spain, whoever to, English football'll be worse for it...:-(
Tue 10/06/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I don't understand why people are happy about this?

Losing Beckham is a big loss to this country (as much as it has going for it) and a gain for the Spanish/Italians or whoever it might be.

People moan about teams in England not having enough English players yet they are happy for them to move abroad for a team to find a foreigner as a replacment.

Stop being hypocritical and make up your god damn minds.
Tue 10/06/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'm not completely bothered if he stays or goes, but at least it'll dampen the God damned repetitive mentioning of Beckham, in a completely irrelevant match.
The commentators speak of him too much and too highly. The media have put him up high, where, in my eyes, he doesn't deserve to be.
I think Paul Scholes, for one, is a better footballer than Beckham. Seriously. But he doesn't get as much attention, and OBE's etc.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Barcelona haven't even qualified for Europe this season, which will mean that Beckham will play less games.

Be good to see how he plays for Barcelona if he does go.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
"not dead"
I can't believe that Beckham would go to a club that wouldn't be in the Champion's League, it doesn't seem to make sense.

Unless they promise him they'll invest in more new players, and a get out clause if they don't make it back into the CL the year after.

And there's no way that Utd should agree to it without Kluivert coming the other way.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You're forgetting a vital detail here:

He's only going if Joan Laporta wins the election.

It's Laporta who's put in the bid, and as she (I assume it's a she) isn't actually in there yet it isn't final. But as Man U have agreed, I think it'll pretty much get her into the position.

Personally I'm pleased about it - I watch Spanish football rather than English, because it's a hell of a lot more exciting. Even though I don't support Barcelona it's good to have another excellent player in the league (as it needed any more).
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
That should have read "as if it needed any more".
Wed 11/06/03 at 00:37
Regular
Blank wrote:
> It's Laporta who's put in the bid, and as she (I assume it's a she)
> isn't actually in there yet it isn't final.

Laporta is a bloke. You cant have a bloody women as president of one of the biggest clubs in the world!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.