GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GRROUP VOTE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/01 at 23:13
Regular
Lets have a poll vote on which next gen console everyone thinks is the best and should be crowned the king/queen of consoles:

a.Nintendo Gamecube
b.PS2
C.XBOX
d.Dreamcast
Wed 07/02/01 at 23:13
Lets have a poll vote on which next gen console everyone thinks is the best and should be crowned the king/queen of consoles:

a.Nintendo Gamecube
b.PS2
C.XBOX
d.Dreamcast
Wed 07/02/01 at 23:47
1. Dreamcast is the best last year, now and this year.
2. PS2 will improve - can't get any worse that's for sure.
3. XBox will be delayed longer than MSR.
4. GameCube. Why Nintendo don't just stick to the handheld market bemuses me. The N64 is a 'bitty' console that doesn't even work without a black jumper pak! Oh, and they conny spell.
5. GBA better offer good value games. However - preorder yours NOW from SR as demand will be far greater than supply - and a lot more people will want GBA than those who wanted PS2. Get rich quick! Expect prices to treble when they sell them at ebay...
6. SEGA PACE. Not enough info - why aren't there gonna be many games if this is launching? Will it have it's own range of games as well as full DC compatibility? Mixed emotions about this.
7. Panasonic make the best Televisions, Minidiscs, Stereos and all electrical and home entertainment appliances and equipment - who cares if they can't compete with Sony with their 3DO, they seem to have gained a lot of market share in other areas...where profits are actually good...
8. I will release my emulator! You can play all the games that I have ever played by ordeing the Dan2K1 emulator. You then have complete knowledge of what I have played, read the detailed review on it, and then you'll be able to buy it for yourself.
9. That'll do
10. I SAID...
Thu 08/02/01 at 00:09
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
X-Box.

I find it hard to qualify why I think so, it's just a 'feeling' I have that this console will sweep away all of it's predecessors and any future pretenders. It has certain marketing advantages:

1) It's made by Microsoft (loads of finance behind it).
2) It's American, massive home market and novelty value.
3) Nice specifications.
4) Hybrid - by this I mean not just a games console, although this is its main function. Not just gamers are going to buy it though.
5) Designed 'by gamers, with gamers, for gamers'. That statement says a lot for this newcomer.
6) Developers have already commented on how easy it is to program for.
7) X-Box cannot possibly repeat the PS2 fiasco at launch.
8) It's one of Bill Gates' puppies, he's not about to let it fail, and he's one of the richest men in the world.
9) Personally I saw it in action when they did the CES webcast, it looked good, and for only 1/5th power, it seemed to have some stunning visuals. What will it be like on full power?
10) Americans like to win. The XBox is American.
Thu 08/02/01 at 16:29
Regular
Gamecube.

Notice how I basically copy FM's work here...

1) It's made by Nintendo, an experienced games/console maker. Experience is always a good thing.
2) Franchaises will keep everyone entertained... I love sequels, and I don't know what the fuss is about over the PS2.
3) The specs of the X-Box are NO DIFFERENT to those of the Gamecube, each has it's better points mind.
4) It is designed to be JUST a games console. I don't buy Tesco sausages, because I know Walls sausages are better. Simple as that.
5) The superb line up of second parties. I don't really need to tell you them.
6) Developers have already commented on how easy it is to program for.
7) Gamecube cannot possibly repeat the PS2 fiasco at launch.
8) Shigsy.
9) The demos are just as impressive as the X-Box ones, techicnally moreso, in cases like Luigi's Mansion.
10) I don't particularly care if Sony/Microsoft make more money. I want to play good games, and with the Gamecube, I should be able to.
Thu 08/02/01 at 16:32
Regular
Oh yeah... that Gameboy connection thing, and online gaming, which all consoles have anyway.
Thu 08/02/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Playstation 2

1. Already Out and Will be the only main Console on the Market.
2. A great arsenal of games by the time the competitors catch up.
3. Great Market Share, in terms of units sold and brand name!
4. Graphics are Good
5. Plays PSX games
6. Has more time to upgrade the console, ie Broadband, by the time tha GC and XB come out.
7. Has had the first pick of all the titles...ie, SSX.
8. Same Controller, Gamers Familiar with it.
9. Has already beaten Dreamcast, mind you, the NES could have done that...(Joke)
10. It is made by Sony.....oops....DISADVANTAGE!

The Game
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:06
10) Americans like to win. The XBox is American.

They'll claim they did all the work - saved all the gamers when in fact it was...who cares, this isn't going anywhere.

DREAMCAST - NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
PS2!!!

Because it kicks @ss!!

Anyway,

1. After the brilliance of the PSX, the PS2 will not fail, if it goes along the same line.

2. Believe it or not, Sony are a respectable, decent company. I'm pretty sure they won't muck it up any more than they already have.

3. THE BRILLIANT GAMES THAT ARE COMING OUT!! With games like GT3, Zone Of The Enders, MGS2 and loads more to come, everyone will be wanting a PS2!!

4. The consoles plays DVD. It is a better DVD than any DVD Player costing around £300 or less.

5. It plays PSX games.

6. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The PS2 has THE game. The best game ever, and the best for a long time to come. The PS2 has...Metal Gear Solid 2.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:32
Well i will have to go with the PS2 :)
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:39
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I loved the N64 so I'll go with Gamecube (even though I'm a bit dissapointed with it not being called the N65).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.