GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New and improved Freeola Broadband tariffs ??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/03/09 at 19:11
Regular
Well....this is my first and probably my last post in the chat forum.
I felt I just had to make a noise about Freeola's new broadband tariffs. I know what your thinking - this was announced a few weeks ago, but I've only just read my email.

As of March 30th 2009: Peak hours are 8am to 12am weekdays (Mon-Fri).

Firstly I don’t see this as a quote “new and improved Freeola broadband tariff” , and would rather that they do NOT change the peak time allowance but continue to keep the off-peak time of 10pm to 8am. It seems to me what they're actually doing is making it difficult for people to use the off-peak time during weekdays, knowing that most of us will not be staying up until midnight to start using the off-peak service, which I see as a deliberate move by freeola to do just that. And their gesture of a small increase in the peak allowance does not compensate for this. They make it sound like they're doing everyone a big favour by improving the service when in actual fact they're doing just the opposite…….WHY ????
Sun 15/03/09 at 22:57
Regular
Tappet I take your point, and yes Freeola does provide a good service, and yes I will continue using this ISP but like car insurance, it's sometimes better to shop around for the best deal.

Hmmm... quote "some people 'schedule downloads' so they are able to make use of the off-peak hours downloading their data overnight when they are asleep."

.. this would save me a lot of hassle, but I don't know how to do it so if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks to the rest of you kind folk for your comments.
Mon 16/03/09 at 00:13
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya GETALIFE,

just google SCHEDULE DOWNLOAD MANAGER but before searching select UK site only, if not your be swamped with US sites.

by googling SCHEDULE DOWNLOAD MANAGER you should find all you need, have a look around and download the software of your choice, some software is freeware (free to use) others are commercial and requires payment but may offer a free trial.

Remember though that you only get what you pay for!

CLICK HERE to view the first free download manager i came across when i googled the above. Also if you do click on the above link have a look at and consider downloading Zone Alarm to help keep you safe while surfing.

Any probs just let us kno and i'll help in any way i can.

Surf safe and happy downloading.
Mon 16/03/09 at 15:06
Regular
Tappet

Thanks for the info. The free download manager looks quite good so I'll give that go. I already have Kaspersky IS, so hopefully there shouldn't be too much bother with unwanted guests.

thanks again for the help & support.
Wed 06/05/09 at 22:04
Regular
"The Dark Sith"
thanks for info it helped alot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.