GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New and improved Freeola Broadband tariffs ??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/03/09 at 19:11
Regular
Well....this is my first and probably my last post in the chat forum.
I felt I just had to make a noise about Freeola's new broadband tariffs. I know what your thinking - this was announced a few weeks ago, but I've only just read my email.

As of March 30th 2009: Peak hours are 8am to 12am weekdays (Mon-Fri).

Firstly I don’t see this as a quote “new and improved Freeola broadband tariff” , and would rather that they do NOT change the peak time allowance but continue to keep the off-peak time of 10pm to 8am. It seems to me what they're actually doing is making it difficult for people to use the off-peak time during weekdays, knowing that most of us will not be staying up until midnight to start using the off-peak service, which I see as a deliberate move by freeola to do just that. And their gesture of a small increase in the peak allowance does not compensate for this. They make it sound like they're doing everyone a big favour by improving the service when in actual fact they're doing just the opposite…….WHY ????
Wed 06/05/09 at 22:04
Regular
"The Dark Sith"
thanks for info it helped alot
Mon 16/03/09 at 15:06
Regular
Tappet

Thanks for the info. The free download manager looks quite good so I'll give that go. I already have Kaspersky IS, so hopefully there shouldn't be too much bother with unwanted guests.

thanks again for the help & support.
Mon 16/03/09 at 00:13
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya GETALIFE,

just google SCHEDULE DOWNLOAD MANAGER but before searching select UK site only, if not your be swamped with US sites.

by googling SCHEDULE DOWNLOAD MANAGER you should find all you need, have a look around and download the software of your choice, some software is freeware (free to use) others are commercial and requires payment but may offer a free trial.

Remember though that you only get what you pay for!

CLICK HERE to view the first free download manager i came across when i googled the above. Also if you do click on the above link have a look at and consider downloading Zone Alarm to help keep you safe while surfing.

Any probs just let us kno and i'll help in any way i can.

Surf safe and happy downloading.
Sun 15/03/09 at 22:57
Regular
Tappet I take your point, and yes Freeola does provide a good service, and yes I will continue using this ISP but like car insurance, it's sometimes better to shop around for the best deal.

Hmmm... quote "some people 'schedule downloads' so they are able to make use of the off-peak hours downloading their data overnight when they are asleep."

.. this would save me a lot of hassle, but I don't know how to do it so if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks to the rest of you kind folk for your comments.
Sun 15/03/09 at 18:03
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Welcome back GETALIFE, i was worried you'd never return.

I understand what your saying, but i can't see where its going to make much difference. If you have the minimum package you get 12gig peak allowance. Is the 2hr change going to make that much of a difference to you?

At the moment im guessing it is, so if you go over the 12gig limit you'll be changed an extra 90p, if you go over 13gig you be changed an extra £1.80 but you can simply avoid this by upgrading your tariff via MY FREEOLA CONTROL PANEL to a 24gig download limit for just an extra £2, thats twice as much peak allowance for just a extra 10%, when comparing that to most other internet providers FREEOLA is offering a service 2nd to none.

Most other providers have alot lower download limits plus a fair use policy which means, if you download more than what they say is average (where average is normally less than the limit) they put a restriction on your connection speed, resulting in slower downloads and a hidden and even lower download limit.

I have a friend who is signed up to a bunch of clowns that were mentioned earlier in this thread, the exchange he is connected to is right outside his house and only 7yrds from his router which gave him a good 7-8mb connection, 2 months into his 18 month contract they throw thier fair use policy at him, now he only gets 1.5-2mb connection speed. When he rightfully moans i tell him he should of listened to me when i told him "theres no such thing as cheap, you get what you pay for". The couple of quid he thought he was saving every month (WOW) has cost him 5-6mb a sec for the next year or so.

Come on GETALIFE, give freeola the praise they deserve, they provide you with a complete package and if you make the most of all that they offer it really an unbeatable offer.

I hope you remain a happy freeola costumer and continue to enjoy all they offer.

Keep safe m8, and i look forward to reading your next post (hopefully on a different subject) very soon and for god sake change your name.lol.
Sun 15/03/09 at 17:32
"Are you sure?"
Neckarb wrote:
> More information on the announced changes to our Packages can be
> found
>
> Here
This should answer all of your questions and issues.

Hi Neckarb,
Thanks for pointing out my previous post :¬)
Any chance of a response to my last query in that thread?

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 15/03/09 at 17:28
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
> Hi and welcome to the forum.It will be interesting to know if all
> Enta resellers will be moving to the new off peak hours and the
> end of March or will it just be Freeola ?

Hi pete_21,
Yes the new hours are affecting all resellers - but as has always been the case Freeola's package is still different to the others.

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 15/03/09 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
getalife wrote:
>...why do they have to reduce the off-peak tariff
> during the weekday. What is their need for doing this ?...

Hi 'getalife',
Not an official answer for you but, here are my observations!

I believe 'BT Wholesale' have increased their prices for some products so these have to be factored in. 'Bandwidth/capacity' has to be paid for so something had to change.

Also Freeola's customers have recently been moved over to IPSC (IPStream Connect) - a new setup replacing the traditional Central Pipes with 'Nodes'. Which has shaken things up...

"IPStream Connect is a replacement for IPStream Central Pipes and its adoption allows us to pass end user traffic over our new 21CN backhaul."

getalife wrote:
> And were is the point in giving us unlimited off-peak allowance
> when we can only use it at the weekend or after midnight during
> weekdays (be honest, who's going to stay up until midnight).

I agree with some of this - 300GB was really unlimited anyway so defining this limit or say 'unlimited' is really the same thing for most people.
but not everyone uses the internet the same as you though!
some people 'schedule downloads' so they are able to make use of the off-peak hours downloading their data overnight when they are asleep.

FYI There are a few other posts that may interest you in the Freeola Services forum.

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 15/03/09 at 16:46
Regular
OK....firstly I don't disagree with you guys, and yes freeola does give a good service overall, but my question was why do they have to reduce the off-peak tariff during the weekday. What is their need for doing this ? And were is the point in giving us unlimited off-peak allowance when we can only use it at the weekend or after midnight during weekdays (be honest, who's going to stay up until midnight).
As a matter of interest I was never able to use up all my off-peak allowance, so being given unlimited is not going to make any difference whatsoever, and I suspect that's going to be the case for the majority of users.
As far as I'm concerned it would have been a lot more helpful if freeola had increased our off-peak time from say 8pm to 8am.
Sun 15/03/09 at 16:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Well said Tappet, totally agree. Been with Freeola/Special Reserve for a very long time and would never change. Service is excellent and second to none (in my humble opinion). There is nothing that isn't too much trouble to the Freeola staff - this on it's own is priceless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.