GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the future of gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/01 at 01:53
Regular
Whats the gaming world coming to, in 1989 the Master system was released and then in 1995 the Playstation this made computer gaming change from 2D to 3D all in the space of 6 years. whats next the speed of the consoles being as faster as the latest PC's (1.5GHz) our the bits being doubled to 256bits. As everyone knows Sony have tripled the speed and bits of their old console, in the Playstation 2. Imagine what their next console is going to be like. What are the consoles going to be like in 15-20 years? Will the computer game characters look real and act like a normal person? Nobody knows what they will be like, but the way they are going at the moment they might just be able to do this. In the future hopefully game developers can exploit their ideas into a game that not only puzzles your mind but lets you take control and twist the story of the game using your own imagination. Could developers create a game where you can change the ending of the game buy every battle you win or lose, how many people/monsters you kill or even every mistake you make? Look at future games like Metal gear solid 2, Bouncer and Tekken tag tournament (which uses the emotion chip) the graphics on these games are astounding but imagine if they look like our reality. Sony, Nintendo and sega have all taken huge steps in the development of their consoles but they could take it alot further and create consoles beyond our imagination. Imagine game developers created games where if your character was hurt or was afraid or even shocked, it would show their emotion in immense detail (better than the emotion chip), that would be amazing. All these ideas may seem distant but the way the gaming companies are going at the moment it may all become true. This may seem like it will take along time to do but the way everything is going at the moment it will become true a lot quicker than we expect.

If there was VR devices for the next generation consoles, i think it would really boost todays gaming rather having to use a control pad with an analogue stick it would really set the mood for a first person shoot 'em up but the only game it would suit if you think about it but it would make it feel alot more if they had an a rumble pack feature fitted in with it. Wouldn't it be good if they mixed a console with a virtual reality head set were instead of a pad you could buy these special gloves and guns and attach them to the VR head set and instead of using discs it could be internet compatible and you just download the games. That would good for your wallets so instead of forking out wads of money on games you could be spending it on other stuff. Or instead of that downloading business you could link it up to your Dolphin or PS2 and just play the games of that.
Fri 09/02/01 at 11:17
"Darkness, always"
VenomByte wrote:
> Actually it's an 8 Gigabyte drive that's only a year or so old...

That's too bad. Shouldn't it still be under warantee?

If not, I recommend the Seagate Baracuda 20Gig 7200RPM (like mine) which isn't too pricey given that it's big and fast...

-IB
Thu 08/02/01 at 22:20
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeiste® wrote:
> My new PC is an Acer Veriton FP2
800MHz PIII, 20Gb HDD, 128Mb RAM,
> 15" Integrated flat screen monitor.

Cost:
> £0

:-D

I won it!

Well done.

Nice work if you can get it.
Thu 08/02/01 at 16:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Actually it's an 8 Gigabyte drive that's only a year or so old...
Thu 08/02/01 at 16:38
"Darkness, always"
VenomByte wrote:
> FM, If your win leaves you with a spare HDD, let me know. I badly
> need to buy a new one...

Symptoms of my current computers
> ailments:
1) Frequent* Illegal errors / fatal exceptions
2)
> Occasional strange ticking sound from somewhere, often followed by
> 'Error: Cannot write to drive c'
3) Programs often† freeze.
4)
> Tendancy to spontaneuosly reset itself.

*for 'frequent', read
> 'hourly'
†for 'often', read 'occasionally do not'

Jesus, how old is that thing?
Thu 08/02/01 at 16:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
FM, If your win leaves you with a spare HDD, let me know. I badly need to buy a new one...

Symptoms of my current computers ailments:
1) Frequent* Illegal errors / fatal exceptions
2) Occasional strange ticking sound from somewhere, often followed by 'Error: Cannot write to drive c'
3) Programs often† freeze.
4) Tendancy to spontaneuosly reset itself.

*for 'frequent', read 'hourly'
†for 'often', read 'occasionally do not'
Thu 08/02/01 at 15:49
Regular
"If I ever remember to look what make it is, I'll let you know..."

Usually the monitor is in front of you when you type stuff in...

No one can be that lazy!?? :D
Thu 08/02/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My new PC is an Acer Veriton FP2
800MHz PIII, 20Gb HDD, 128Mb RAM, 15" Integrated flat screen monitor.

Cost: £0

:-D

I won it!
Thu 08/02/01 at 10:22
"Darkness, always"
Grix Thraves wrote:
You wouldn't
> happen to have a Belinea monitor would you? Damn awful make... I've
> got one too. Decides to switch itself on and off in DOS.

Err, that is dodgy...

Mine doesn't do that. If I ever remember to look what make it is, I'll let you know...

-IB
Thu 08/02/01 at 10:20
"Darkness, always"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
Thats true... but I'm not sure
> Office97 is avalible anymore?... not too sure though... even
> though... where did you get pro so cheaply from?...

My copy of office came through errr alternative sources, and cost me nothing.

Besides, If
> you've got Office suit then youonly have to buy the Office upgrade
> pack... and not a whole new version of Office :)

But the upgrade is still about £150-200 isn't it?

> 100Mbps network card and reversed twisted
>
> pair cable.
>Why? :)

Why? To connect with two other computers on my LAN of course. Really need to get a decent HUB at some point, cuz at the moment I keep having to change things around. The reversed twisted pair cable (RJ45 or something) allows me to have a very fast network speed without a HUB, but only really works on two comps at a time...

-IB

Wed 07/02/01 at 19:08
"possibly impossible"
Well, I'm quite happy with my PC, it's an 8086 Amstrad.....er ok, so perhaps not, its:

P3 500, 128meg RAM, 10.2G HD, TNT 8MB (don't laugh, it does it's job) etc...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.