GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear (another war thread)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 09:32
Regular
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,967548,00.html

Belldandy?
Sun 01/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
SCUD launcher

I wish I could type...
Sun 01/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The Iraqi scus missile launcher comprises of a camel with a missile in it's mouth, and a stick with which to whack it's love spuds. That is the extent of Iraqi technology.

I think the plot went something like this...

"Saddam, you are Evil and must disarm all your weapons of mass destruction, or face war"

"We don't have anything to disarm. We'll grant your weapons inspectors unlimited access to prove it."

(some time later)

"Our UN inspectors have seen no evidence of any WoMD existing, but more importantly, we have not seen any evidence of your disarming them. Therefore we must declare war on you."
Sun 01/06/03 at 19:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well considering they were so sure of these weapons existing before the war, you'd think they'd have some idea of where they are after it, wouldn't you?

Unless of course, these numerous contradicting sources were wrong. But how could an American student be wrong about that? Surely it cannot happen.
Sun 01/06/03 at 19:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Okay, my response would be this.

Iraq is a big country, in which to find the components of a WMD program. Capturing people involved with it will not give the evidence and leads needed to find it easily as they know they are free from various crimes if there is no evidence of them being done.

Blair believes they are there, Bush believes they are there. That's good enough for me and I'm happy to wait for the inevitable evidence to be uncovered, at which point the sceptics will undoubtedly have yet another criticism to start whining about.

What next, coalition armoured forces destroyed the road infrastructure with tank treads so as to provide contracts to road repair companies in the West ?

Or, the whole war was really about getting a western base in the middle east.

so many reasons when people are paranoid of the world's remaining super power....some days I wish Russia had won the Cold War...
Sun 01/06/03 at 19:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Belldandy wrote:
> Of course if Vanity Fair can edit transcripts then so can the Guardian.

But it doesn't mean they will - and as there were no transcripts given in the article, how can they have edited it? Also I don't see how one publication's reputation or actions affects that of another.

My point with this topic was that it shows that even the people telling us about these WMD were uncertain about it, and as you were one of the biggest supporters of the war on these forums, I was interested to hear what your response would be. So that's why I addressed it specifically to you.
Sun 01/06/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I did read it. There is a link. I'd say that if those transcripts your link talks about exist, then they're part of a security net the two men have laid for themselves to cover their own backs. Of course if Vanity Fair can edit transcripts then so can the Guardian.

Interestingly, one speech to come out of the G8 meetings today warned N.Korea to cease it's nuclear program, and Iran not to further pursue one....and Putin was one of those involved this time.

I tell ya, one way or another both Iran and Syria will see changes in the near future, one way or another.
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why? I don't see what relevance one journal has to another. Please read the full article I linked to - it's not misleading, it's saying it full on and without hesitation.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Blank wrote:
> From reading the article from that link it is obvious one of two
> things are true:
>
> 1) You didn't read the article I posted properly.
>
> 2) You assumed you would win the argument because I wouldn't read your
> link.
>
> Probably both. The main point I was trying to make was not that WMD
> were the only reason, but that the evidence that they had to show that
> these WMD existed was extremely dodgy, with often one source
> contradicting another. The link you gave doesn't affect what I've said
> one bit.

To quote:
"Mr Wolfowitz set up the Pentagon's office of special plans to counter what he and his boss, Donald Rumsfeld, considered inadequate - and unwelcome - intelligence from the CIA.

He angered critics of the war this week in a Vanity Fair magazine interview in which he cited "bureaucratic reasons" for the White House focusing on Iraq's alleged arsenal as the reason for the war. In reality, a "huge" reason for the conflict was to enable the US to withdraw its troops from Saudi Arabia, he said."

Hence the link I provided is linked to this, if Vanity Fair can publish misleading information on the subject, then the Guardian certainly can...
Sat 31/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Belldandy wrote:
> bl£eding

Bleeding?
Why?
Sat 31/05/03 at 17:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
From reading the article from that link it is obvious one of two things are true:

1) You didn't read the article I posted properly.

2) You assumed you would win the argument because I wouldn't read your link.

Probably both. The main point I was trying to make was not that WMD were the only reason, but that the evidence that they had to show that these WMD existed was extremely dodgy, with often one source contradicting another. The link you gave doesn't affect what I've said one bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.