GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"another thing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 21:25
Regular
what do you think is a reasonable payment to a web developer, developing a back end system which would include the following :-
Login/Registration system (for users and admin)
Whole backend admin system/content management system
Bidding System
Chat Forum
Unique pages for user login

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, just want to confirm some of my thinkings, as i'm worried i might be over estimating, or even under estimating costs!!!!

Ta very much :)
Sat 31/05/03 at 00:09
Regular
""
Yep, Tylas right. I'm a contractor (although im pimped out through a consultancy right now) and for the project I am working on right now, my time is sold for about £450 a day. I have about 8 years of VB/ASP and JAVA/JSP experience plus a lot of DBA and backend skills.

It varies from project to project and obviously how good you are. It also depends on which client it is, the time span of the project, and what they want. Obviously if I work privately I probably wouldnt charge quite that much. Rates aren't as good as they were a couple of years ago, but they are on there way back up.
Fri 30/05/03 at 21:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I outsource developers for this kind of thing at £500 - £750 a day. I have a few friends though who would do this kind of thing at an hourly rate of £35 - £75ph

What type of backend? ASP/JSP/PHP?
Fri 30/05/03 at 21:25
Regular
what do you think is a reasonable payment to a web developer, developing a back end system which would include the following :-
Login/Registration system (for users and admin)
Whole backend admin system/content management system
Bidding System
Chat Forum
Unique pages for user login

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, just want to confirm some of my thinkings, as i'm worried i might be over estimating, or even under estimating costs!!!!

Ta very much :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.