GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where does your name come from?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 18:58
Regular
I won't spoil anything for the person in question by saying how I found out where the name 'Armatige Shanks' comes from but I found out over the weekend and it's quite funny. I'm sure some of you will also know but that's not the point of this post.

My name comes from the Red Dwarf phrase 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast', but are there any other good reasons why people have the name they have here?
Mon 05/02/01 at 20:53
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
My name started off as The Cheese in a completely random way. I couldn't think of a name, so I opened a dictionary and pointed to a word. It was Placemat. So i did it again, and my finger landed on Cheese, which had a nice ring to it. But then I got older and smellier and maturer.
Mon 05/02/01 at 20:55
Regular
Sounds like you need a pschologist.
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:08
"possibly impossible"
Or some port. Goes nice with a bit of stilton, now where did I leave that cheese knife......
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-no comes from my website and is a well known universal phase.
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no is a really shmonking tip top pick of a name.

er-no.com

Brill
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-tony, dont advertise my website you might get in trouble! ( :P )

thanks for the compliment,

er-no
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
come to think of it tony, I was offered a lot of money for the website! but my dad said,

'where the is one there is more'

I cant explain that but hey, I listened!
Tue 06/02/01 at 01:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
Tue 06/02/01 at 07:47
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
My name comes fromthe Dictionary, both words are there, check if you don't believe me!

The Game
Tue 06/02/01 at 08:23
Regular
"not dead"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Is it from the game... meka_dragon, the computer game?

No.

Wonderboy 3, the Dragon's Trap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.