GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where does your name come from?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 18:58
Regular
I won't spoil anything for the person in question by saying how I found out where the name 'Armatige Shanks' comes from but I found out over the weekend and it's quite funny. I'm sure some of you will also know but that's not the point of this post.

My name comes from the Red Dwarf phrase 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast', but are there any other good reasons why people have the name they have here?
Mon 05/02/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I won't spoil anything for the person in question by saying how I found out where the name 'Armatige Shanks' comes from but I found out over the weekend and it's quite funny. I'm sure some of you will also know but that's not the point of this post.

My name comes from the Red Dwarf phrase 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast', but are there any other good reasons why people have the name they have here?
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I thought everybody knew that Armatige Shanks is a toilet, and also a phrase used in Cockney rhyming slang.
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:02
Ahhhh, nice to see a fellow Red Dwarf fan.

How come you didn't know where bog boys name comes from? I've known for yonks.

Mine came to me in a dream. scary but true!
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:03
Regular
It comes from the deepest and darkest secluded parts of my dank, dry mind.

Seriously.
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:04
Regular
I love Red Dwarf also... :D
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
But then I looked it up in my dictionary and it says:

a phrase used to describe a person or persons unknown who seek recognition and satisfaction from seeing their name at the heading of new topics in discussion forums.
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:05
Regular
A Sniper, what else.
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
"Armatige Shanks", that is.
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
tony wrote:
"a phrase used in Cockney rhyming slang."

ahhh...popular misconception... however it only incokes the plural, and not the required singular...
Mon 05/02/01 at 19:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I got the idea for my alias from the name of the fat guy who runs Special Reserve and drives around like a nutter in a yellow Audi TT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.