GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where does your name come from?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 18:58
Regular
I won't spoil anything for the person in question by saying how I found out where the name 'Armatige Shanks' comes from but I found out over the weekend and it's quite funny. I'm sure some of you will also know but that's not the point of this post.

My name comes from the Red Dwarf phrase 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast', but are there any other good reasons why people have the name they have here?
Thu 05/03/09 at 16:32
If you find that you cannot get back into AOL broadband following a power cut then this may be due to changes on their system which are affected by the old router settings.

AOL changed the router Username and Passwords some time ago so if your router has not been off then it might cause this effect. It is possibly connected with the buyout by Carphone Warehouse.

Previously you logged in on the router with a Username of [email protected] and a password of your login password.

You now log in with a Username of [email protected] and a different password. Ask AOL for the password.

If you have problems then you should contact AOL Technical Support on 0844-4995555.
Thu 05/03/09 at 14:54
If you find that you cannot get back into AOL broadband following a power cut then this may be due to changes on their system which are affected by the old router settings.

AOL changed the router Username and Passwords some time ago so if your router has not been off. Possibly connected with the buyout by Carphone Warehouse.

Previously you logged in on the router with a Username of [email protected] and a password of your login password.

You now log in with a Username of [email protected] and a different password. Ask AOL for the password.

If you have problems then you should contact AOL Technical Support on 0844-4995555.
Wed 07/02/01 at 00:52
The Game's name comes from HHH in WWF
Tue 06/02/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
meka_dragon wrote:
> Unless used as a verb in the third person:

Now... That doesnt REALLY go against what I said before...
Feigning innocence so you could get away with saying that... shame on you! :)

-- I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the NHS shrink is our friend
Tue 06/02/01 at 11:57
hehehehe meka
Tue 06/02/01 at 11:54
"High polygon count"
> Mary and Peter spend every night in the same way, she
> reads, and he Armitage Shanks.

And then there's Pam...
Tue 06/02/01 at 11:46
Regular
"not dead"
Armitage Shanks wrote: (re Cockney rhyming slang and his name)

>however it only incokes the plural, and not the required singular...

Unless used as a verb in the third person:

Mary and Peter spend every night in the same way, she reads, and he Armitage Shanks.

See.
Tue 06/02/01 at 11:29
"High polygon count"
> "a phrase used in Cockney rhyming
> slang."

> ahhh...popular misconception... however it only
> incokes the plural, and not the required singular...

That'll be a Merchant... as in Merchant Banker.
Tue 06/02/01 at 10:23
"Darkness, always"
I used to go to yahoo! chat rooms, mostly the pick-up bars, cuz they were hilarious. A load of lecherous gits hitting on 12 year old american girls, very funny.

I used to 'serve' drinks to anyone who wanted them in the chat room, and hence I became a bartender. Obviously I never really served drinks, but I had some bvar experience and new a few specials, so I did it.

Amazingly I got the girls and silly american teens always sent me naked pics in e-mail.

I am the Insane Bartender because I was being a bartender, in a place where surely it was insane to do so. So here I am, Insae Bartender, internet personality, and Blizzard gaming all-star.

IB
Tue 06/02/01 at 10:04
You're a monkey man. And I'm Alex Kidd. Where shall I make my home now Sega don't want me?

I think the GBA would be a nice place for my gamesn

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.