GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can someone help with my new pc, monitor wont work"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 13:15
Regular
the pc turns on fine, fans work, cdrw works, lights come on, but my monitor light stays orange.
Fri 30/05/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Top Gun"
the pc turns on fine, fans work, cdrw works, lights come on, but my monitor light stays orange.
Fri 30/05/03 at 13:19
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I used to have this problem with PCs, and more often than not, it was to do with the graphics card slipping out of place a little.

But if you bought it from a shop, and you're sure you're doing everything right - I'd just take it back (opening it would destroy the warranty.
Fri 30/05/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Digging!"
Opening it shoulden't void the warrenty, its usally only if you open the PSU that it voids the warrenty, but check first. It'll be the graphics card, its either faulty (should have been checked if its brand new) or you haven't plugged the moniter in the graphics card properly, or the card has slipped out of place in transit (If it has just push it gently back into place and make sure the screw on the bent up end of the metal bit at the back of the pc is nice and tight).

I WOULD ADVISE IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT ANYTHING I HAVE SAID, DON'T FIDDLE, JUST TAKE IT BACK TO THE SHOP AND ASK THEM TO CHECK IT OUT.
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Top Gun"
i didnt buy from a shop. i built it myself. soz for not sayin that in my first post.

some people ive spoke to said they had a problem like it but it was do to with RAM, i think ive put my ram in slot 3, u reckon puttin it in slot 1 might make it work.

the gfx card and monitor work on this pc fine
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hm. Does your motherboard have a POST display? If the graphics card is failing to power up it's probably a fault elsewhere> You sure it's not something stupid like a cable in the wrong place? Do you know if Windows is booting at all? Do you hear the HDD crunching?
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:20
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Or the beeps when you turn it on?

Do you get the one normal beep, or loads of beeps? I think you can look them up somewhere to find if there's a fault.
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
Check graphics card... and what is your PSU ratings?
If it's a ATi card 350W is needed the very least.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er well that's a load of trollop.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Top Gun"
its a geforce 2 gfx card, i hear 1 beep. nothing is installed on it, it was first time ive turned it on.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Thing is, it could probably be quite a few things.

Have you tried the monitor on another computer?
Have you opened it up and double checked the graphics card is plugged in properly?
Have you double checked all your connections?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.