GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games do have an affect on the way you think..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/02/01 at 21:06
Regular
It had been a long time since I'd last watched wrestling. Since december infact.

In the meantime I had played WWF No Mercy to death.

The other day I watched a bit of wrestling with a match between the Rock and Undertaker.

As the Untertaker performed the Irish whip on the Rock I thought that the rock would have to grab the ropes to prevent himself from having move done on him.
When he failed to do so I thought that the undertaker would actually get him (as on No Mercy the game you can't do anything except grab the ropes when you get whipped). Then to my amazement the Rock ducked out of the move and did his own move on the Undertaker and I found myself thinking that the Rock should now cheer to get his "Attitude bar" up!

It took me 5 seconds to realise that real wrestling (if you call it real) isn't exactly the same as the computer game!

I couldn't believe my mind had been influenced like that by a computer game (even if it was a minor thing!).

Maybe Computer games can cause violence in people...
Sun 04/02/01 at 21:58
Regular
Not really dan, your on about a bit of the violence debate aren't you but, nope they don't affect any way you think, all you think is to win or complete the game.
Or whatever to do next in the game.
I don't see a reason why you would want to do that, it's all Virtual Reality really, in the entertainment world.
You only get tired after along game or you just marvel at the ending. No violence happens!
Sun 04/02/01 at 21:09
Dan_uk wrote:
> It had been a long time since I'd last watched wrestling. Since
> december infact.

In the meantime I had played WWF No Mercy to
> death.

The other day I watched a bit of wrestling with a match
> between the Rock and Undertaker.

As the Untertaker performed the
> Irish whip on the Rock I thought that the rock would have to grab
> the ropes to prevent himself from having move done on him.
When he
> failed to do so I thought that the undertaker would actually get him
> (as on No Mercy the game you can't do anything except grab the ropes
> when you get whipped). Then to my amazement the Rock ducked out of
> the move and did his own move on the Undertaker and I found myself
> thinking that the Rock should now cheer to get his "Attitude
> bar" up!

It took me 5 seconds to realise that real wrestling
> (if you call it real) isn't exactly the same as the computer
> game!

I couldn't believe my mind had been influenced like that by
> a computer game (even if it was a minor thing!).

Maybe Computer
> games can cause violence in people...

I`m going to run you over in my Suzuki Escudo (Pikes Peak Version)
Sun 04/02/01 at 21:06
Regular
It had been a long time since I'd last watched wrestling. Since december infact.

In the meantime I had played WWF No Mercy to death.

The other day I watched a bit of wrestling with a match between the Rock and Undertaker.

As the Untertaker performed the Irish whip on the Rock I thought that the rock would have to grab the ropes to prevent himself from having move done on him.
When he failed to do so I thought that the undertaker would actually get him (as on No Mercy the game you can't do anything except grab the ropes when you get whipped). Then to my amazement the Rock ducked out of the move and did his own move on the Undertaker and I found myself thinking that the Rock should now cheer to get his "Attitude bar" up!

It took me 5 seconds to realise that real wrestling (if you call it real) isn't exactly the same as the computer game!

I couldn't believe my mind had been influenced like that by a computer game (even if it was a minor thing!).

Maybe Computer games can cause violence in people...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.