GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Street Fighter IV"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Street Fighter IV'.
Sat 21/02/09 at 19:32
Regular
"THFC"
So plenty of us have the game and i am sure we are all enjoying it aswell. Be it the 360 or Ps3 that you have it on, i though we could do with a topic about the game, just offering hints, tips and how to unlock certain things - pete has posted a great bit in the madcatz controller thread he created, on how to unlock all the characters, so thank you for that and i will copy it over in a bit.

But i am finding myself being pretty bad at this game, i have not played it much but the arcade mode on medium difficulty is proving really hard and making it a frustrating experience to play. I have spells of playing well and have won a few online games.

I like using Ken and also Ryu but i need to expand my characters and i think it really is a game you have to play loads to get better at, which is really annoying because so many games you can pick up and pay well (well i find that anyway lol)

I struggle with pulling off super and ultimate combos, in the training section i can do the super combo occasionally but any help would be great!

So let the helping commence, i am going through arcade on Medium to unlock the achievement, so i appreciate any advice.

Look forward to seeing people thoughts on the game and also getting hints and tips.
Fri 27/02/09 at 19:39
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i really like the demo and i think i will claim it because it just seems like a fun game. Plus the online could be good, if you level up and get new planes!
Fri 27/02/09 at 16:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pete_21 wrote:
> Here's my tip for playing against your mates :
>
> Wiggle the control pad in every direction known to man while
> mindlessly smacking all buttons.When you pull of a killer combo
> totally by accident,you then make out its what you intended to do
> all along !.

Thats the plan when my copy comes through the post!

Emmie, download the HAWX demo (if you haven't already). Really good fun and actually like it for a flight game. Will be on my next GAD list (if I am lucky enough to win one on your quiz :p)
Thu 26/02/09 at 14:11
Regular
"THFC"
Well i think my two claims will go on HAWX and Resi 5 (not sure if i will get HAWX, but i know Resident Evil 5 online co-op will keep me entertained)

I will keep SFIV, i was close to trading it in, especially because CEX give £28 cash and i managed to get it for £15 after vouchers.

But like you say fighting games are a good one to keep for when friends come over.
Thu 26/02/09 at 13:21
"possibly impossible"
Well I consider all fighting games to be something you can keep coming back to, especially when friends come around.

Added to that all the unlockable stuff to collect and trophies/achievements and I'll be playing it for a while to come.

All I've got coming to take my mind off it is the Lost and the Damned GTA missions so I'll still have lots of time for SFIV. Haven't got the money for any of the other new releases yet.
Thu 26/02/09 at 13:09
Regular
"THFC"
Am i the only perosn who thinks this is a good game but i dont know how long it will keep me interested.

I think with HAWX, Resi 5 and other games on the horizon it may be one i stop playing very soon.

A good game but i just dont know if it will last unless your a hardcore fan.
Mon 23/02/09 at 22:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just seen this.Has links to all SF IV characters moves.You could print out your favourite characters moves.It would save having to keep pausing the game to look at the damn command list.

SF IV Guide

I need something to help me,I'm rubbish at it !.
Mon 23/02/09 at 10:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
a couple of discussions with other forum members and they say using the arcade stick controller is the best way to play SF or any fighting game for that matter.

Still, i can't say for myself because i'm throughly rubbish at fighting games. Yeah, i can pull off supers and i'm not bad with ryu move skill/move sets, but when it comes to a proper fight in the main game, unless the speed is set to normal, theres no hope in hell of me winning.
Mon 23/02/09 at 10:04
Regular
"THFC"
I think you just have to practise, and then use characters with the same kind of move set - so Ryu,Ken, Sakura if you catch my drift.

Well i will keep working hard, oh and i managed to get the achievement where you complete arcade mose using no continues (not by skill, but i read there was a easy way to do it lol, so i took advantage!)

Still really struggle playing against Seth, i think they made him too powerful!
Mon 23/02/09 at 09:21
"possibly impossible"
Like they say in the tutorials, you have to think about it in the context of space. You need to work out the moves which control the space left and right and up and down then ensure that whatever space your oppenent is in you have a move to counter their attack.

The short tutorial on PlayR was really good too.
Sun 22/02/09 at 19:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Here's my tip for playing against your mates :

Wiggle the control pad in every direction known to man while mindlessly smacking all buttons.When you pull of a killer combo totally by accident,you then make out its what you intended to do all along !.

Great game IMO,classic Streetfighter gameplay and its looks fantastic.Only had chance to play it for about an hour so far.Hopefully I'll find time over the coming week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.