GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda.... dissappointing"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 20:00
Regular
Well i managed to complete The Wind waker at last.
But havnen't got everything yet.
Last battle with ganon is simply brilliant but all in all..
it's the same old zelda feeling...... once you finish it you want more!
The Zelda series simply isn't dieing it's simply evolving and still has it's magical feel to it due to some superb work by nintendo.
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> There was a King of Hyrule in OOT.
>
>
> You just never saw him, but you see Gannondorf kneeling to him when
> you look through the window.

Yeap.

That window rocked.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:55
Regular
There was a King of Hyrule in OOT.

You just never saw him, but you see Gannondorf kneeling to him when you look through the window.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
Solskjær wrote:

> But you've still got to SAIL to almost-all of those places - and we
> all know how bad sailing the high-seas can be!

Get the song off the guy in the cylone and it's very easy.

> And is there any way of making that bloke in the Nintendo Gallery
> work-on MORE than just ONE figure at a time??

Nope, get the song of passing though and it's very easy. You don't have to do the gallery anyway, it's just an extra.

> Also, was Hyrule ever really "hilly" or full of mountains,
> back in the days of the N64?? I don't seem to remember so... Yet,
> Nintendo have created a game that tells you the land was COVERED in
> huge-mountains, back when the "Hero of Time" arrived - yet
> it clearly wasn't!

It's not a straight follow up to Ocarina. Look at the pictures in Hyrule castle and you can see it's not, also there was no king of Hyrule back in OOT.

> And it surely can't be that The Wind Waker is only based on a small
> section of the land of Hyrule... Can it?

They sealed Hyrule away. The world in Wind Waker has got nothingto do with it.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, I spoke to the Déku Tree, and he told me where to go.

But you've still got to SAIL to almost-all of those places - and we all know how bad sailing the high-seas can be!

And is there any way of making that bloke in the Nintendo Gallery work-on MORE than just ONE figure at a time??

Otherwise, it's just gonna take ages - and I WILL get bored of this game!

Also, was Hyrule ever really "hilly" or full of mountains, back in the days of the N64?? I don't seem to remember so... Yet, Nintendo have created a game that tells you the land was COVERED in huge-mountains, back when the "Hero of Time" arrived - yet it clearly wasn't!

And it surely can't be that The Wind Waker is only based on a small section of the land of Hyrule... Can it?
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:22
"!Basement Clucking!"
All this talk about WW has got me really looking forward to getting my GC in a few days (WW comes with it). I havent played a Zelda since my mates 64, so everything should feel rather fresh.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:11
Regular
One one hand Wind Waker is very easy, but it also helps the progression of the game. You never get stuck on things fo long meaning boredom doesn't set in.

I see no problem with having similiarities to Ocarina of Time, it takes all that made OOT, multiplies it by 10 and adds loads of new stuff.

Oh and the leaf thing is very, very easy to do. Speak to the Deku Tree and he'll put the places of all the leafs on your map.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The Wind Waker is brilliant in so-many ways, but, yes, there are some bad-points...

-How very-Ocarina of Time it is.

-Trying to save those withering trees, only to then realise you need to get to them ALL within 20 minutes!

-Having to collect 8-shards of the Triforce - just for ONE of the THREE pieces!

-Those flying things out at sea which hit you right as you're about to shoot them with the cannon!

-The in-accurate cannoned-boats - which only-ever actually HIT you when you're trying to do something important!!

-How easy the majoity of the adventure really is - even the Savage Labyrinth can be completed with ease, if you have time and patience.
Tue 27/05/03 at 01:34
Regular
Er the storyline IS BRILLIANT in Wind waker.
Tue 27/05/03 at 00:33
Regular
I hate WW they made the graphics bad they changed the beautiful storyline to a worse one.And now no online gaming!!I think nintendo should change or the gamecube will be the worst of it's time.I use to love OOT and MM the graphics where great and the storyline was magical.What I don't under stand is why change it?
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:58
Regular
Zelda games are over too quickly :\
Just that bit more storyline, dungeons and harder AI would make it perfect.
As always the storyline is gripping and makes me want to play more.
I would keep the combat system though it's alot better than OoTs'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.