GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you explain The Matrix Reloaded?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 14:53
Regular
*Contains Spoilers*

I went to see Reloaded yesterday and its left me confused?
If anyone can answer my questions i'd be greatfull.

First of all, whats the deal with the french dude and the twins? I'm guessing they are programmes but why are they there? and how can he programme the cake that he sent to the woman in the pink dress?

What was going on with the architect at the end? Six Matrixes? eh? And what were the 2 doors supposed to be? Neo went to save Trinity but what was the other door supposed to be for? Was he trying to trick Neo when he said about everyone being unplugged from the matrix or am i reading to far into it?

When Neo turned into an EMP and stopped the robot, I was totaly confused (and also gutted cos that ruined the film for me). I doubt that can be explained yet. Its supposed to be a cliffhanger, but if you can answer my other questions it might restore my faith in what should have been an excelent film.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:53
Regular
"lets go back"
*Contains Spoilers*

I went to see Reloaded yesterday and its left me confused?
If anyone can answer my questions i'd be greatfull.

First of all, whats the deal with the french dude and the twins? I'm guessing they are programmes but why are they there? and how can he programme the cake that he sent to the woman in the pink dress?

What was going on with the architect at the end? Six Matrixes? eh? And what were the 2 doors supposed to be? Neo went to save Trinity but what was the other door supposed to be for? Was he trying to trick Neo when he said about everyone being unplugged from the matrix or am i reading to far into it?

When Neo turned into an EMP and stopped the robot, I was totaly confused (and also gutted cos that ruined the film for me). I doubt that can be explained yet. Its supposed to be a cliffhanger, but if you can answer my other questions it might restore my faith in what should have been an excelent film.
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:09
Regular
Here’s my take - I’m going to see it again tomorrow so I might have a clearer view, but from what I understood first time round, here goes.

I’m not entirely sure, but I think that ‘The One’s role isn’t to end the war but just to re-start the whole process, re-creating Zion whilst the Matrix is re-started (reloaded?).

The French guy bit was crap but what I realised from him and the Virus Twins comments (Virus Twins saying ‘I’m getting tired of this’ and Merovingian saying ‘I have survived your predecessors, I will survive you‘) is that the other six matrixes were the same as this one, and they are just repeating the process.

When Neo stops the Sentinels, that raises the question of whether Neo has powers outside the Matrix, or indeed, whether Zion is part of the Matrix or even a second Matrix! I think the fact that Neo, after speaking with The Artchitect didn’t go through the door the other ‘The Ones’ went through may have somehow altered what happened before.

Not sure about your other points - I guess they’re all designed to keep us guessing till Revolutions I suppose.

Will be interested to hear other’s thoughts though...

*Check out this link for some truly wierd theories...
http://www.cinecon.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5476
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:17
Regular
"lets go back"
That makes it more clear now. Thanx.

I'm going to see it again soon too.

Hopefully i'll fully understand it then.
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
**Spoilers**

Right, this is how I understood things:

Geffdof wrote:
> *Contains Spoilers*
> First of all, whats the deal with the french dude and the twins? I'm
> guessing they are programmes but why are they there? and how can he
> programme the cake that he sent to the woman in the pink dress?

The oracle described him (I can't remember his name, we'll call him Annoying French **** or AFT for now) as being one of the oldest programs in the matrix. I took this to mean that he was one of the original creating programs who'd built the thing, the scene with the architect seemed to refute this, but after considering it later, an architect only designs, other people do the building work. He's there because he's not been outdated yet, there is a possibility that the AFT is actually still active in programming the matrix, his position as a coder seems to be shown by his using of the werewolf guards (killed with a silver bullet and described by his wife as a failed project) and his use of the twins. I thought the twins were his creations to act as his guards.

The cake is quite simple, if he's a programmer, he can change the matrix code to what he likes. Thus if he wants to programme a type of cake that can make a woman happy as that one seemed to, there's no reason why he can't. All he needs to do is augment the code for cake with the code for a few other things.

> What was going on with the architect at the end? Six Matrixes? eh? And
> what were the 2 doors supposed to be? Neo went to save Trinity but
> what was the other door supposed to be for? Was he trying to trick Neo
> when he said about everyone being unplugged from the matrix or am i
> reading to far into it?

From what I gathered, this is the 6th incarnation of the present matrix. Due to the way it's programmed, there is an error that builds over time (the choice he was talking about) which results in the creation of the One. When this point is reached, the machines start to travel to Zion to destroy it. The One is inside the matrix and has gained the ability to control it and the machines realise they are a threat, so every time that this situation happens, the One travels to the core bit, or whatever it was called, and meets the architect. Here they are offered a choice, either they can go through one door and return to the Matrix and see everyone in Zion killed by the machines, the Matrix unplugged and the end of humanity (That was the point of the architect saying that there were some losses the machines were prepared to accept, when the matrix goes down, so will a large amount of their power), or they can go through the other door and the Matrix will be reset but the people in it kept alive. The One will then get to select a small group of humans who will be left alive outside the matrix to rebuild Zion. All of the previous "Ones" chose to reset the Matrix and keep humanity alive; Neo's in love with Trinity and refuses to let her die, so he chooses the other option, to fight against overwhelming odds and possbily cause the extinction of mankind.

> When Neo turned into an EMP and stopped the robot, I was totaly
> confused (and also gutted cos that ruined the film for me). I doubt
> that can be explained yet.

To me, that has a few possibilities of meaning. Either the world outside the Matrix isn't actually outside the Matrix and so Neo's powers have just jumped from one program to the other, or the Machines have grown too interconnected with Humanity. Neo has control over the Matrix in fundamental ways, he can defy the laws of Physics and is able to withstand its defences. Because his mind is so tightly connected to the matrix, he understands all of it and can see the code in the very structure, he is very aware of the machines, and they are very aware of him. An interesting Idea that I've seen put forward suggests that the whole idea of the Machiens using humans as a power source is misunderstanding, what they really use them for is processor power. The brain is a very advanced computer and so even using only a fraction of millions of people's brains would result in huge processor potential. Thus, because they use human minds as part of their computing power, the machines are inherently susceptible to strong human interference. They can read brain patterns, without this skill the matrix could not exist, so perhaps a very powerful mind could not only overpower the matrix on the inside, but the outside as well. Neo's powers would then not come from some mystical source, but instead from his brain's ability to overcome the suggestion and rules laid down by the Matrix and the machines. This would allow him to alter the matrix as he can ignore its rules, and when outside the matrix he could use the machines dependancy on human brain-power and use of human brainwaves to shut them down by force of will.

That was a very long paragraph to say that Neo could be a form of psychic.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Whether you like it or hate it, you have to admit it's one of those films that is just interesting to talk about...
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
True.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:03
Regular
I think that the reason that the Matrix is reset at that point in time is that A.I is created within the Matrix. In the first film, Smith says the Matrix is at the pinnacle of human civilization, shortly before A.I was created in the real world. So, logically, when A.I was created the history of man ended in the eyes of the computers. A computer lacks imagination, so they can't imagine a future. So they have to use man's past as the basis for the Matrix (the Architect flashes images of Hitler e.t.c on the screens), therefore the Matrix has to be reset once it reaches the point in time that A.I happened. This would also mean that time passes in a sense in the Matrix, and it's not just held in a time loop...

*looks confused at his own theory* Yeah...So, the kicky-punchy bit was good. Hugo Weaving talks funny.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:26
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Stryke is right; a perpetual loop exists and only a revolution will absolve it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:28
Regular
How the humans are gonna survive once they're all free, I do not know...No plants left, thanks to sky being all scorched. This means no animals, and suchforth. Maybe they can eat metal, gonna be plenty of that spare.
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Stryke wrote:
> How the humans are gonna survive once they're all free, I do not
> know...No plants left, thanks to sky being all scorched. This means no
> animals, and suchforth. Maybe they can eat metal, gonna be plenty of
> that spare.

How have they survived the past 100 years?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.