GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Blue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 11:20
Regular
I've had the Perfect Blue DVD on my shelf nnow for a while. I like Manga stuff but I haven't been in the mood to watch any for ages, but last night I decided out of boredom and lack of anything else to do to watch it.

Its fantastic. Not your normal Mange fare at all, No futeristic robots, or evil Nijias, just a fantastic Psycological twisting Plot.

If you haven't seen go watch it. Even if manga isn't usually your thing. Its one of those films that makes you lose your point of reference, and leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling afterwards. Sort of a bit like 'Murder in Mind' another fantastic film.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I've had the Perfect Blue DVD on my shelf nnow for a while. I like Manga stuff but I haven't been in the mood to watch any for ages, but last night I decided out of boredom and lack of anything else to do to watch it.

Its fantastic. Not your normal Mange fare at all, No futeristic robots, or evil Nijias, just a fantastic Psycological twisting Plot.

If you haven't seen go watch it. Even if manga isn't usually your thing. Its one of those films that makes you lose your point of reference, and leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling afterwards. Sort of a bit like 'Murder in Mind' another fantastic film.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I've had it on VHS for a number of years, but can honestly say I 've never really watched it the way it deserves to be watched because as you say, it's not your typical kind of anime film.
The trouble with a number of anime films/series, they tend to be utterly barmy and require the utmost concentration, so as a result, adjusting from normal American made tosh that we usually see on TV and at cinemas to complex anime plots is often difficult.

On another note, have you by any chance seen Spirited Away? It's a must-see film for any anime fan.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
No I haven't. Is it available in any PAL/region 2 format. I don't have access to anything else.
Tue 20/05/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Sadly no. There is the Japanese version, but it's mundo expensive (and has no English language on it).
Sadly the UK seems to be very slow on the uptake of this film, it's done very very well in the US (even winning the Oscar for best animated feature), and I'm pretty certain it's the highest grossing movie ever in Japan. There'll be a UK cinema run and a dvd release possibly towards the end of the year (or maybe even as late as 2004). Shame, as it's an amazing film.
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It sounds like a pregnancy test.
Tue 20/05/03 at 17:46
Regular
"I'm Great."
I remember Perfect Blue. Seen it about three times now I think. Very good. Took me a little while to get the plot but I got there in the end.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Most s**t like anime and stuff like blue gender and bubblegum crisis are so bludy wacked and especially the movies like ghost in a shell I don't see how that could've inspired the making off the Matrix .the only really hectic anime that I regret not taping was Sprigaan now that movie was cool.Sometimes there are a few movies that are good and some that are just plain sh!ty.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Most s**t like anime and stuff like blue gender and bubblegum crisis are so bludy wacked and especially the movies like ghost in a shell I don't see how that could've inspired the making off the Matrix .the only really hectic anime that I regret not taping was Sprigaan now that movie was cool.Sometimes there are a few movies that are good and some that are just plain sh!ty.I haven't heard of Deap blue though.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Sorry about that My Pc acting sh!ty
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:43
"possibly impossible"
Perfect Blue struck me as being very Hitchcock-like, not a bad thing at all. It suprised me at how coherent the story was compared to other Anime, but it still had touches of the Eastern story telling in it.

You have to remember that the West and East are too totally different cultures, much more different that the UK is to Europe and this puzzles or shocks some people who aren't ready for it.

Sex is thought of in a different way to the Japanese, they've grown up with a culture where it's acceptable to sleep around and sex magazines and Anime are sold the same way as regular media is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.