GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Blue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 11:20
Regular
I've had the Perfect Blue DVD on my shelf nnow for a while. I like Manga stuff but I haven't been in the mood to watch any for ages, but last night I decided out of boredom and lack of anything else to do to watch it.

Its fantastic. Not your normal Mange fare at all, No futeristic robots, or evil Nijias, just a fantastic Psycological twisting Plot.

If you haven't seen go watch it. Even if manga isn't usually your thing. Its one of those films that makes you lose your point of reference, and leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling afterwards. Sort of a bit like 'Murder in Mind' another fantastic film.
Wed 21/05/03 at 08:33
"possibly impossible"
Manda†are wrote:
> Pb, did this movie depress you? It sure did make me feel that way.

In one way, yes, the ending wasn't exactly the most jolly experience on film! However, you have to take into account that this is basically an Armageddon based series, with everything gearing up to the results of 3rd Impact. Could have been a whole lot worse.

I find the attention to western religion very interesting, the creators have really researched into the books of the bible which are not taught in modern Christianity and have mixed this with Eastern religion to produce something new. The whole thing with the angels coming down in order and the Adam and Lilith story is so deep that you could spend ages just looking at the back story to the whole series.

The characters in Evangelion are also impressive, making you really feel for them. I think that's why this series is different, that the story really focuses on character rather than the technology, plus having that mystical/religious edge.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
This is for Lou Role
To understand the movies, you really DO have to watch the series. The series is fantastic, starts off as a happy kind of anime and then episode by episode it gets darker as you learn more. And the movie was such a great way to finish the evangelion series.

Pb, did this movie depress you? It sure did make me feel that way.
Tue 20/05/03 at 21:33
"possibly impossible"
Evangelion is my life. Fantastic, best ever Anime!
Tue 20/05/03 at 21:04
Regular
"I'm Great."
I've seen most of the Evangelion stuff. It hurts my head. The series started simple enough but the last 1/4 episodes were confusing as heck. End of Evangelion didn't help my head much either. Mandatare might be one to talk to about it. he's watched them about three or four times so he may have some idea.

One of my favorite Anime's is Orguss 02. Six parter that was on video. Go them all for about £32 earlier last year. Probably just because it is one of the first that I watched and really enjoyed (was on Sci-fi about 3 years ago). Patlabor 1 and 2 are great. Both avaliable in a boxset thingy on DVD R2.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:48
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Totoro wrote:

> On another note, have you by any chance seen Spirited Away? It's a
> must-see film for any anime fan.

What a film! I saw it at my mates house and was just blown away. I bought it straight after I saw it on Region 1 (bless you, DVD Region X for PS2!). It's probably one of the best animated films ever. I think Disney bought it and chose to keep it for themselves in America, tight gits.

I love that Radish god, and the stink spirit. You could actually smell the guy! Miyazaki's a genius!

Perfect Blue's class n'all. Confusing as heck though.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Funnily enough I just got Perfect Blue last week. I had saw it on a trailer in my other Anime movies and it looked well good, but it was hard to get hold of.

It is wierd, twisted and quite complicated. I've only watched it once and I'm still not entirely sure what was going on, but I will watch it a few times and try to understand it more. But my favourite anime movie is still 'Ninja Scroll'.

Other complicated anime movies I have just recently got are the 'Evangelion' movies. The main sections where it states a change of date go past way too fast, I can't follow the dang thing, I've tried watching it 3 times and just got fed up trying.

:)
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:43
"possibly impossible"
Perfect Blue struck me as being very Hitchcock-like, not a bad thing at all. It suprised me at how coherent the story was compared to other Anime, but it still had touches of the Eastern story telling in it.

You have to remember that the West and East are too totally different cultures, much more different that the UK is to Europe and this puzzles or shocks some people who aren't ready for it.

Sex is thought of in a different way to the Japanese, they've grown up with a culture where it's acceptable to sleep around and sex magazines and Anime are sold the same way as regular media is.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Sorry about that My Pc acting sh!ty
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Most s**t like anime and stuff like blue gender and bubblegum crisis are so bludy wacked and especially the movies like ghost in a shell I don't see how that could've inspired the making off the Matrix .the only really hectic anime that I regret not taping was Sprigaan now that movie was cool.Sometimes there are a few movies that are good and some that are just plain sh!ty.I haven't heard of Deap blue though.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Most s**t like anime and stuff like blue gender and bubblegum crisis are so bludy wacked and especially the movies like ghost in a shell I don't see how that could've inspired the making off the Matrix .the only really hectic anime that I regret not taping was Sprigaan now that movie was cool.Sometimes there are a few movies that are good and some that are just plain sh!ty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.